Image Resizer?

I cant find an option to resize a photo in photo gallery.. and the image resize powertoy for xp doesn't work in vista.

I've also tried to use VSO image resizer as this worked well in xp too..and although it works in vista, there is no Right Click function like there was in XP. Is there any kind of app or powertoy that will allow for a right click resize of an image in vista, because i really miss that little powertoy for xp.

if your looking for one built into vista, there isnt one. we'd have to wait for a powertoy, which wouldnt probably be for a while. you're gonna have to get an alternative program, i use irfan view

yea this sucks, i use that powertoy at least once a day, for emailing pics

What is everyone else using that has RTM, i know there are prob. other programs that do this

but the thing about the XP power toy is that it was only a right click away...so fast and simple...

Is there anything out there that we can use till M$ gives us a vista one

yea this sucks, i use that powertoy at least once a day, for emailing pics

If you right-click the pic(s), click Send To and Mail Recipient, it will prompt you to resize them.

Just use the XP Powertoy from Microsoft

Source

Direct Link

Install. After install - right mouseclick on the pic - press resize - the world is now a better place...... :whistle:

Don't forget to install XP first though, since this won't install on Vista. :laugh:

I tried modifying the MSI with ORCA and removing the XP Launch Condition. It installed successfully but I didn't have the context menu option.

If you right-click the pic(s), click Send To and Mail Recipient, it will prompt you to resize them.

Don't forget to install XP first though, since this won't install on Vista. :laugh:

I tried modifying the MSI with ORCA and removing the XP Launch Condition. It installed successfully but I didn't have the context menu option.

The worst part is that I couldnt even get those powertoys to uninstall when I first upgrade from xp to vista.

Just use the XP Powertoy from Microsoft

Source

Direct Link

Install. After install - right mouseclick on the pic - press resize - the world is now a better place...... :whistle:

this is a vista forum dude.. the powertoy requires windows xp or service pack to install.

seems like VSO image resizer will install on vista, but for some reason it ONLY adds an item to the folder context menu and not the file menu. So you can right click and resize a folder, but not a single pic. Anyone know there way around the registry? Or know how to put that item in the file context menu as well?

post-10919-1164672145.jpg

this is a vista forum dude.. the powertoy requires windows xp or service pack to install.

seems like VSO image resizer will install on vista, but for some reason it ONLY adds an item to the folder context menu and not the file menu. So you can right click and resize a folder, but not a single pic. Anyone know there way around the registry? Or know how to put that item in the file context menu as well?

What application are you using to display the context menus?

What application are you using to display the context menus?

it's Vista Manager by Yamicasoft... it's your basic tweaking utility, but it's got alot of cool features.

It works with files context menu for me...

• 2 months later...