IE 7 Skins

Does anyone know of any skins for IE7? Is skinning for IE7 even possible?

I am looking for skins for IE7 that will go well with Luna Element 5 theme, I find IE7 looks really ugly in this theme, as well I dont want to use any of that software that u have to pay for such as Windowsblinds and/or StyleXP. It would be cool to have skins just for IE7 without the use of 3rd party software.

From what I've read and the fact that you can't even use a bit map anymore to change the toolbar background I would venture a guess that MS made it impossible to skin IE7. Probably part of the new security features in IE7.

But who knows, maybe there is a Reg entry somewhere that can control this.

OT.... is there an override in IE7 for the download directory like there was in IE6? Seems to default to My Documents. Overriding it during a save will change it for a while but eventually it will revert back to My Documents.

Does anyone know of any skins for IE7? Is skinning for IE7 even possible?

I am looking for skins for IE7 that will go well with Luna Element 5 theme, I find IE7 looks really ugly in this theme, as well I dont want to use any of that software that u have to pay for such as Windowsblinds and/or StyleXP. It would be cool to have skins just for IE7 without the use of 3rd party software.

Get hotbar http://www.hotbar.com it may work

lol be carefull clicked on the hotbar link and my zonealarm popped up and told me it had stopped some spyware! :no:

in other words DO NOT CLICK ON THE ABOVE LINK!

edit: i seemed to have just missed the point of the previous 6 posts!!

• 4 weeks later...

Stay away from the evil stardock aswell! Short answer is if you need to skin a browser use firefox.

otherwise. keep using IE7

Simple

Stay away from the evil stardock aswell! Short answer is if you need to skin a browser use firefox.

Simple

well actually you are wrong, what if FF is not an option? like it isnt for me since i keep getting big cpu loads with animated gifs, this shouldnt be about FF or IE, is about how to skin IE7, FF just doesnt work for some people...

i say you go with windowblinds.

Simple

Don't know what drugs you're on, Stardock products are just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Windowblinds will skin IE7 to a point. The tabs will not be skinned as they are hard-coded in XP, although I am told that is should be possible to skin the tabs in IE7 in Vista.