VGA Cable Problems

I have my 360 connected up via the Joytech VGA cables red and white (rca i think) connected to the PC IN on the back of my Samsung Le26r74bdx. i can get a picture but i cant get any sound at all.

:( hopefully for xmas though im getting a home theatre kit and then i can use the optical cables so thats the problem solved then but for now cause i dont really want to go back to my Component cable after buying this :(

the weird thing is...i didnt get a jack, all i got was the xbox 360 end, the vga end which splits to have the red and white, and then a seperate cable with the optical cable on. im pretty sure it didnt go flying when i opened the box but ill have a look, cause after reading the manual i think i should have the jack its just i dont!

Well, I use the official 360 cables and I recieved an additional jack, and a female to female VGA connector. No optical cable.

On the back of your set next to where the VGA fits (to the left I think), there should be an input for the jack (labelled 'PC-IN').

If you don't have a jack, either get one or take it back.

yeh its the joytech unofficial ones,got it off play.com mainly got it cause ill be using the optical cable soonish, and i just found where to plug the 3.5mm end in so thats ok, spose i gotta find the joytech jack OR go and find my own cable.

i take it the 3.5 jack end would go into the tv, i have a long winded version of that cable somewhere lol it'd just require some effort to find,

meh problems solved, i used my own cable to get it working, but will be emailing Play.com/Joytech to get an actual jack sent out to me.

Edited by sharpy2k4

Yup. The jack is just a little bit of plastic with 2 inputs (red and white) and then the end fits into the audio socket.

Are you sure there wasn't a jack supplied? Check the back of the box for contents.