New updates including DreamScene Preview

Just updated my Mouse drivers and did another force check and it came up with JunkMail updates for Windows Mail and Outlook 2007 plus DreamScene preview!! :)

Just installed it and it seems pretty good, no flickering on the included video. Seems to use about 5-8% CPU, but it is a preview so that may improve.

I expect this is only for Ultimate users.

Just the USB mouse browser comes up here.

May be something to do with the fact the leaked beta of DreamScene is on my PC?

scrap that, just done a recheck and its there along with the junkmail stuff lol

[del]Hrm updates installed and rebooted, i cant find it though.. care to point out how to run/start it?[/del]

Edit: figured it out :)

Edited by sparkie

Damn... Dreamscene tech preview seems to be unavailable for the Italian version of Windows Vista Ultimate :(

Install the english language pack, switch to it, install DS, and switch back to italian ;)

Hrm updates installed and rebooted, i cant find it though.. care to point out how to run/start it?

You have to right click on a video and select Set As Desktop Background

You can also right click on the desktop and choose Personalize and then select Desktop Background and you can choose a folder with any videos you have.

Side Note

I've never seen anyone mention this anywhere yet. When you choose a regular static image you see those options on the bottom where you can stretch the image out or give it a checkerboard pattern where the image is broken up into different sections.

This works with videos as well. Pick the video you want and when it starts playing shoose the checkerboard pattern :laugh: I didn't expect that to work on the videos

I don't know if this is just me, but to me, it seems that Vista is a lot more responsive when using videos as backgrounds using this version than using the "beta" version. With the older version, Vista seems a bit sluggish, but now its ok. It may just be me though lol.

Install the english language pack, switch to it, install DS, and switch back to italian ;)

Thanks a lot :) It just needed the english MUI files (it wasn't necessary to switch language); after I downloaded them, Windows Update found Poker Hold em and Windows Dreamscene. :)

Ever since installing Dreamscene and selecting the Dreamscene background, my display driver has been crashing sporadically when I'm doing certain things. Luckily, Vista handles this very well and doesn't crash the system, just notifies me the nvkdlmm driver stopped working and fixes itself.

The new 100.64 drivers couldn't have come at a better time - gonna try them and see if that fixes it.

scrap that, just done a recheck and DreamScene?is there along with the junkmail stuff lol

Junkmail and DreamScene, that fits together just fine:laugh::

Having videos as wallpaper is about as useful as having junkmail in your inbox. Both things are just as annoying, too:pinch::