Date is horrendously off

For some reason, the date on my system is off by, well, a lot.

picture3wx8.png

When I open the Date & Time preferences, the date is right:

picture2dg3.png

What's up with this? :laugh: How can I fix it?

February 50th? damn, I didn't even know it was a leap year.

I know I have clock issues with BootCamp and XP, but that's by a couple hours, nothing like that.

Thanks for the replies so far, guys. I'll try a reboot. If that doesn't work, what caches do I have to clean, Giga?

Edit: Alright, back from the reboot, and it's still the 50th. I'm staring at Onyx, and I have no idea on what caches to clear...

Edited by MasterC

First try removing the clock from your Menu Bar. Then in the clock preferences click the checkbox that sychronises with the time server. Log out, log in. The reenable the clock on your Menu Bar. See if that helps. :whistle:

Latest Apple rumour, Apple will release a 50 Core redesigned Mac Pro that comes with a 100" Cinema Display and has an Apple TV built in. It will also use OS X 105 Pussycat and feature iLife 50 and iWork 50. A special press only conference on Feb 50th will be held to show off these new products.

I should totally start my own rumours site.

haha that's really weird.

Like someone mentioned it could be related to the Daylight Saving update Apple released last week. Seems like it's a Neowin exclusive as well, can't find a word about it elsewhere.

You could try removing "com.apple.MenuBarClock.plist" in ~/Library/Preferences and see if that fixes anything. Also, did you try setting your clock to another date (like tomorrow)? Maybe it just affects today's date.

If none of the bove work download the 10.4.8 Combo Updater, install it over your current setup and see if it corrects the issue.

Latest Apple rumour, Apple will release a 50 Core redesigned Mac Pro that comes with a 100" Cinema Display and has an Apple TV built in. It will also use OS X 105 Pussycat and feature iLife 50 and iWork 50. A special press only conference on Feb 50th will be held to show off these new products.

I should totally start my own rumours site.

I'd sign up in a heartbeat. ;) :laugh:

Edited by .Neo

Just thought of something. Is this only happening to guys in the US as your dates are displayed differently from mine and I'm in the UK.

Just thought of something. Is this only happening to guys in the US as your dates are displayed differently from mine and I'm in the UK.

Good point, because the DST update primarily affected the US, but it didn't seem to happen on my machine when I updated it today.

First try removing the clock from your Menu Bar. Then in the clock preferences click the checkbox that sychronises with the time server. Log out, log in. The reenable the clock on your Menu Bar. See if that helps. :whistle:

I tried that, and it still is off :(

You could try removing "com.apple.MenuBarClock.plist" in ~/Library/Preferences and see if that fixes anything. Also, did you try setting your clock to another date (like tomorrow)? Maybe it just affects today's date.

If none of the bove work download the 10.4.8 Combo Updater, install it over your current setup and see if it corrects the issue.

I'd sign up in a heartbeat. ;) :laugh:

I tried deleting the plist, and that didn't work. I've got to go to school, so I'll try the Combo Updater when I get home...

Can you manually change it to the 20th?

I tried that, and it just changes it to the 51st :laugh:

Edit: And just to clarify, this is the update I use, right?

Yep. If you have an Intel Mac that is. :)

Alright, thanks. I have to leave, but I hope this works when I get home! Thanks a lot for all the help and suggestions so far guys :yes: