BootScreen Packs!

Hi,

From now on I'll be posting some packs containing 5 Vista BootScreens.

If you have any suggestions or comments, speak it out loud.

How to install:

1. Navigate to c:\windows\system32\en-US for english; \NL-nl for Dutch and so on

2. Open the properties of the file "winload.exe.mui", click on the security tab and choose advanced to set the ownership to "Users"

3. Now copy the chosen bootscreen from the package and replace it with the one in the system32\en-US folder

4. Go to start > Run, and type "msconfig"

5. Choose the "boot" tab and enable "No GUI Boot"

6. Close msconfig and reboot your computer

Here you go, a brand new Vista BootScreen! :whistle:

Edited by iemanduitnederland

Thanks for your comments so far.

For some reason I'm not able to edit the Pack #1-post, so I sended a report, link should be fixed shortly

Pack #2 is coming soon ;)

Aurora3D[WhiteTxT]

Thumb.jpg

Download

Here you are, have fun with it ;)

This Boot-Screen is very amazing and an absolutely great work, But is it also able to use for Wide-Screen (show here)? If not, could you do it, please, because its realy fantastic.

And does it also work with Vista64?

Aurora3D[WhiteTxT]

Thumb.jpg

Download

Here you are, have fun with it ;)

*raises hand* how do i change permissions?

Hi there, it's explained above, but I'll explain it a bit more detailed :)

1. Navigate to c:\windows\system32\EN-us [if your on an English version of Vista]

2. Right click on winload.exe.mui and click properties

3. Open the "security" tab and click "advanced"

4. A new window pops up, where you can choose the tab "ownership". Click it

5. Click "edit" and select "users"

6. Click "OK", a window pops up, click "OK" again.

7. Now you'll be back in the previous window. Click "Edit"

8. Select "Users" and set "Full Control" to "Permit"

9. Click "Apply" > "OK".

Now you're able to replace to file :)

Sorry for my English, but I'm from Holland so it's not perfect :whistle:

This Boot-Screen is very amazing and an absolutely great work, But is it also able to use for Wide-Screen (show here)? If not, could you do it, please, because its realy fantastic.

And does it also work with Vista64?

Hi, first of all thanks for you interest and comment :)

So far, it's not possible to create 16:9-bootscreens, because the tools needed creating the bootscreens only support 800*600 and 1024*768.

The only option is to "crop" the picture inside the resolution, so the bootscreen won't look strechted after it's loaded in 16:9 Aspect.

Today I'm going to Amsterdam [Current time 8:13AM], so tomorrow I'll give it a try ;)

The Bootscreen Generator says it's not compatible with Vista 64Bit, and I didn't give it a try for I don't have Vista 64-Bit

Edited by iemanduitnederland

Another thing that you can do if you do not want to change the ownership is go to the same security tab and do the following:

Click Advanced

Click on the users option

Click Edit

Select the Users option again

Click Edit

In the permissions are, make sure the "Full Control" checkbox has a check in it. Click ok and replace the file with the new boot screen and you are done :)

It works but does not look anything like the screenshot. It's a really bad Aurora image. Not the one i downloaded.

Edited by Fry.

It works but does not look anything like the screenshot. It's a really bad Aurora image. Not the one i downloaded.

Uhm what bootscreen are you talking about? :huh:

I'm getting the same problem, it's just defaulting to the default No GUI Boot screen.

I'm getting the same problem, it's just defaulting to the default No GUI Boot screen.

Well, I'm sure you're doing something wrong. Did you follow all the steps, and are you on a 32-Bit version of Vista