LunaVista Style for Windows Vista

Project name: LunaVista

Project type: Windows Vista Visual Style.

So here is my very first theme for Vista. I actually find it more interesting to do and kind of easier than older Windows XP themes which encouraged me to get something good done. This is the very first beta release of what I call "Windows Whistler Rebirth"

"From the Joe who invented the "Windows Longhorn Redesigned Start Menu" or RxStart (which was never finished/nor taken into consideration... wait maybe it was) When even Google search knows about it... (It sounds like a movie intro right?)"

Since I know most people like myself kind of miss the blue-ish feeling that once used to fill up our souls while working in front of a Personal Computer powered by Microsoft's Windows XP OS, and since we all fall in the common fact that "everything evolves to better" and had to leave behind what is old and get into what will make our days to come either hell or heaven, I decided it was nice to bring back the Bliss feeling to Windows Vista once again, but this time with the clarity and confidence that Vista brings us.

(updated)

Well without wasting any more of this thread's bytes of information, I present "LunaVista". Previously I named it "Windows Whistler Rebirth" but that's old story now. As always any feedback is good for everyone so don't mind posting back your whines. Thanks. Enjoy. I also added the Project A3 Wallpaper that some of you requested.

This is an SFX self-install package. Although it will most likely not work, hence Windows Vista's new UAC. If it doesn't try running as "Administrator". This package includes the following:

1 - Visual Style for Windows Vista

2 - Wallpaper 1280 x 1024

1 - Windows Sidebar Theme*

1 - Uxtheme.dll patch for Windows Vista x86 (zip file).

Download link:

LunaVista Theme Pack

*You will need Windows Sidebar Styler in order to apply the theme. Please download from here:

Windows Sidebar Styler

Screenshots: (updated)

newcapture7fb9.th.png

projecta3zc9.th.jpg

winenergymh4.th.png

newcapture6eu7.th.png

newcapture5xz0.th.png

newcapture4wk2.th.png

newcapture2zn6.th.png

newcapture1la7.th.png

newcapture3sb7.th.png

Edited by Jazket

Yeah I didn't really went for the Watercolor themes if that's what you are talking about. Whistler was simply XP's codename, I'm using XP's colors from Luna, to be exact... sorry if it leads anyone to confusions :)

I'll upload tonight.

Yeah I didn't really went for the Watercolor themes if that's what you are talking about. Whistler was simply XP's codename, I'm using XP's colors from Luna, to be exact... sorry if it leads anyone to confusions :)

I'll upload tonight.

Nice one... i would just put some bevel/emboss on the outside of the window frames :rolleyes: .... it would give it a nice effect...too flat otherwise :( but this is only for the basic theme (without aero glass)

I'm curious, what do you use to transform the vista mss.styles?

Thanks for sharing ;)

Regards

SFkilla

Capture9.th.png

Care to share the wallpaper? It's hard to find pictures of that her. She's a character in some console game that only was released in Japan. I can't remember the name of it.

We are way past monday....

Yes. My bad.

I ran into a lot of stuff this past week so I didn't have time to even get online during the weekdays. I'm uploading today about right now.

Remember how I said there were changes coming up, well screenshots are coming up along with the dowload link.

I will update in a couple minutes.

Yes. My bad.

I ran into a lot of stuff this past week so I didn't have time to even get online during the weekdays. I'm uploading today about right now.

Remember how I said there were changes coming up, well screenshots are coming up along with the dowload link.

I will update in a couple minutes.

I can't wait. I think the current pics you have posted look great.

A long time later......

Na man I am just kidding I know how it is to be busy, I make IPB skins, admin 2 places and mod others. So I definitely know what ya mean!

Look forward to your post, and thanks for all ya hard work, It looks awesome!

Cool Thanks!

I will still work on it a little bit more and make sure it looks better; gotta fix some minor details (almost unnoticeable :shifty:) in the Basic theme. As well as figure out how to change the name so that it doesn't display :Windows Aero: on the classic apperance cpl. Anyone who knows how to do this give me a shot. And I tried looking all over shellstyle and the msstheme itself with no luck.

I'm working on another theme by now and this one promises to be way better ;)

I patched uxtheme.dll and other 2 files. rebooted.

Moved the lunavista folder to windows/resource/themes/

Doesnt show on theme change and clicking on LunaVista.msstyles doesnt do anything either. How to get working?

Yeah I don't know how but I haven't figured out the way to change the name from Windows Aero to Luna Visa. So when you go to the classic Apperance options you will see two "Windows Aero" themes. Click both until you see the one that's blue like Luna.

Oh, also if you rename the folder to anything with spaces, it will not show. make sure the folder name is "lunavista" and not "luna vista"

I've been looking for a reference under the shellstyle.dll.mui to see if there the theme name is stored there... nothing yet. Didn't find it inside msstyle either.

Post anything else that concern you guys so I can update this theme soon with some fixes i'm working on...