UnInstalling Vista in 1 hour

Well, I am going to start uninstalling my Windows Vista Ultimate Signed Edition in abut 1 hour.

I am just tired of it, not doing what it is suppose to do and messing up everything when I want to do it.

I have a great mid-rig setup that I've spent alot of money on and it's being treated like a 486 with Vista on it. My score is 4.8 for my computer but the os is just slowing everything that I do, from applications to games. It is crashing with blue screensand alsothe taskbars turning completely black, not working. I've even had times when Vista completely stops responding completely and I can't even get to task manager

I feel my data is at risk using the system with the OS on it right now. My favorite is all the drivers that the companies have made for vista not working correctly and have poor performance. I've tested all my equipment and when I start to try to do anything with them, it just lags the machine.

So, I'm reverting back to my WinXP Pro edition for the time being until Microsoft and other vendors fix the upgrade editions of Vista which I'm being forced to now, because I can't get any type of decent workflow going at all, which they have talked about the upgrade editions working on a huge patch, which might not be until fall 2007 around the time of the first sp1 patch.

I have had Vista on my machine since the first day it came out, and support it 100%; but when something makes me not able to do what I need it to do, I gotta go back to what I know worked perfect. And that choice is; WinXP Pro.

BSODs, black taskbars, bad performance while on 4.8... I'd guess pretty much all of the severe stuff you're having is due to bad drivers. I'm not sure what kind of hardware you have, but something sounds seriously wrong there about that, so you're probably better of waiting for Vista... Unfortunately there are still delays in them shipping their drivers.

BSODs, black taskbars, bad performance while on 4.8... I'd guess pretty much all of the severe stuff you're having is due to bad drivers. I'm not sure what kind of hardware you have, but something sounds seriously wrong there about that, so you're probably better of waiting for Vista... Unfortunately there are still delays in them shipping their drivers.

yeah ive tried everything. im going to for sure wait it out, and get on my workflow that i need right now.

yeah ive tried everything. im going to for sure wait it out, and get on my workflow that i need right now.

Can you give any specifics as to what was causing the problems? Sounds like you had some extremely dodgy software and drivers.

that sounds ****ing weird dude, i'm not having any problems with vista my only guess is that some motherboard driver or video card driver isn't working fine or maybe when you made the installation something went wrong.

go you! Vista sux! Everybody should go back to vista

Aside from the obvious typo, you're wrong. Anyone who is lucky enough to have a setup with good driver support (Except for my graphics drivers, me! I mean, everything works, but game performance is less than stellar, not that I have time for video games anymore....) has had a great experience with Vista.

post your spects (detailed), it seems there is a huge problem with your drivers.

I'm using Vista from the very beginning of the RTM, and never had troubles like yours. Did you upgrade from XP or did a clean install?

I honestly don't blaim you at all vista raped my machine I am going to wait until after the first service pack to uninstall but vista dropped my fps from 175-300 down to about 40 on CSS and if I turn on nightvision i get about 11 so I am pretty ****ed

I don't blame you either. It's not quite as bad on my machine but I've already had more system hangs with Vista in one month than I had with XP in four years.

God, what a bunch of whiners. It's not even been 3 months yet. Give manufacturers some time to work the kinks out. You should have expected issues since it is the release of a new OS. And for the record, you can't "uninstall" Windows Vista.

Yeah, I guess i'm lucky aswell..

Well.. maybe not, I do have an ASUS Motherboard so the occasional blue-screen or lockup is normal for me. Happened on XP, still happens on Vista.

Advice to all Vista users:

Dump Creative SoundCards, Creative lost my support when they failed to have a working *SOLID* driver out almost 2 years after the X-Fi release.

Get a Nvidia Card, Nvidia are bringing out new Drivers every month or so, getting better and better all the time. AMD ATi are just sitting around not doing much.

Get an AMD64 Processor and use the x64 Version of Vista, From what i've read and expearienced, AMD runs on Vista64 much better then Core2Duo at the moment.

Have 2GB or more of DDR2-800 RAM, the Vista GUI takes alot out of a system, so to maintain that nice steamlined feel you had in XP, get some FAST ram.

And one more thing. When XP first came out it had lots of problems and the preformance was nasty. The High End systems of today will be low end in 2 years. Once that happens Vista will show it's true colours.. Then we'll get Windows 7 and this'll all start again

Get a Nvidia Card, Nvidia are bringing out new Drivers every month or so, getting better and better all the time. AMD ATi are just sitting around not doing much.

You got it reversed. ATI releases drivers on a monthly basis, in fact just yesterday was their March release.

If I had one more "driver not responding" error in Vista I'd have torn my hair out. Sod you Nvidia! So I ditched my 7900GT and replaced it with an X1950XT-X.

Whatever people may think, from first-hand experience of switching directly from Nvidia to ATI, ATI's drivers are winning the Vista driver progression. For my needs and wants, namely stability/reliability, compatibility and performance, ATI has won me over.

Now I can get back to enjoying the WOW factor, seeing as I've missed it since last November.

Edited by ManMountain

You got it reversed. ATI releases drivers on a monthly basis, in fact just yesterday was their March release.

ati is definately ahead in driver support atm..im kicking myself for having an nvidia card rite now

tho im more upset at creative than anyone

their milking this so ppl upgradw

im stuck on nvidia cause my ati card cooked itself and they didnt have any ati cards in that range in stock, hate shops that focus on 1 brand than a variety :(

I honestly don't blaim you at all vista raped my machine I am going to wait until after the first service pack to uninstall but vista dropped my fps from 175-300 down to about 40 on CSS and if I turn on nightvision i get about 11 so I am pretty ****ed

Drivers. Not Vista. A service pack will have little to absolutely no effect whatsoever.

175-300fps, man thats overkill, 75fps is plenty for me right now.

Have fun uninstalling Vista!

But really, did you need to inform us about it? I don't think anyone actually cares what you install or uninstall (except the Linux fanatics that is).

... I don't think anyone actually cares what you install or uninstall (except the Linux fanatics that is).
As a Linux fanatic, let me go on record stating I don't care what OS he uses, installed, or prefers.

Thank you.