Windows Media Player 9 taskbar skinned

You know what I'm on about ;)

XP49.png

I found out where the graphics were stored last night so I got to work. This is for a slightly modified version of watercolor, the taskbar is slightly thinner so if you intend on using this you might need to modify it slightly. The standalone dll is quite large so I haven't included it, it's over 900kb at maximum compression with Winrar.

The file is wmploc.dll in System32, there is also a backup copy in dllcache so you'll have to delete it from there is you plan to do any modifying. I've also included a text file stating the images I had to modify. There's also a photoshop document with all the layers in tact so have a play ;).

Once I get the hang of this, I'll start bundling it with themes and stuff and taking requests :) so people can just download and replace the dll.

i thought it was impossible but nop!! yay

but i bet it still dont work with thin task bars

I'm working on that ;)

I'm gonna try resizing all the relevent bitmaps that make up the controls and see if that works. I'm all wmploc'ed out though, I'll save that fun for another day.

Cool, but where's ergo? ;)

Chris

Ok people, you can try this on for size, it's the Ergonomic Watercolor WMP9 taskbar skin :D

Treat this file as if it were a system file in regards to replacing it. There is a readme, read it. I didn't write it for fun ;)

Hopefully it works, like I said, it's made for Watercolor 4.3, Ergonomic Substyle. Use at your own risk and don't bitch if it destroys your PC ;)

Download

Great, that totally shagged up my WMP9... it says "An internal application error has occured." Okay.. EXIT. :\

THanks though dazzla.

like a good windows user you made a backup copy of the file, right? :rolleyes:

Well, I don't know what to say, I can switch freely between the few skins I have now. WMP9 Beta build 9.00.00.2926.

Make sure Windows Media player 9 is not running AT ALL

navigate to c:\windows\system32\dllcache\ and delete wmploc.dll

navigate to c:\windows\system32\ and rename wmploc.dll to wmploc.bak

When the File protection dialog appears, press cancel, then YES

Copy in the new Ergonomic wmploc.dll into c:\windows\system32

When the File protection dialog appears, press cancel, then YES

logout then log in

start Windows media player 9 and minimise to the taskbar, hopefully it's worked.

Dazzla -- more light is shed !

I switched back to the backup one I had (yay for saintdark) and I start WMP9 up again and this is the error message: Maybe it's just not my day? :(

post-34-1040934581.jpg

Dazzla -- more light is shed !

I switched back to the backup one I had (yay for saintdark) and I start WMP9 up again and this is the error message: Maybe it's just not my day? :(

Change the version in that file ;)

I had the 9.00.00.2926 installed, then I renamed wmploc.dll and then it didnt work, so I replaced it with backup.. and then ran WMP9 and got that error.

Then I reinstalled it (again) and now WMP9 works, but I haven't tried doing the whole dll poop again.. going to wait a bit, but thanks for the help anyways, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will have this problem.