Converting LCD monitor from laptop to DVI or VGA

Hi everyone. :-)

I am currently looking to turn the LCD monitor from a Dell laptop that I acquired into a secondary monitor for my laptop which I can put on my wall...Unfortunately though, I am really unfamiliar with the cable that it utilizes. Is there any chance any of you would know where I can find a converter for this or specs and tips that I can use to build one? I'd prefer to have it connected to DVI as my Macbook has a mini-DVI port built in.

Here are the specs:

Brand: Samsung

Model: ltn141wd-l01 (WXGA 14.1")

Removed From: Dell Latitude D600 PP05L

Here is the current cable that I have running out from the LCD. The middle black connector is the one that connected to the motherboard:

http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/220-20665-...able-14.1-.html

I'm attaching a picture I took of the connector. Thank you so much for any help you all can give me; it means more than you know. :-)

-Jacob Wilson

post-185173-1187936826.jpg

While I can't be sure what connector you have (your picture is quite blurry, and they're different on every model anyway), if i was to chance a guess, a laptop's display panel connector is neither VGA nor DVI in terms of output specification.

While I can't be sure what connector you have (your picture is quite blurry, and they're different on every model anyway), if i was to chance a guess, a laptop's display panel connector is neither VGA nor DVI in terms of output specification.

No, It doesn't look like standard DVI...The end of the cable that connects to the panel itself is LVDS, but I have no clue what the connector on the other end of the flex cable (the one I'm holding up in the picture) would be. I've read that other people gave up this sort of thing because of the complications of converting to VGA, but I want to convert to DVI and was hoping the digital to digital connection would be easier to manage.