AOL killed kaspersky AVS updates?

Question

Just checking if anyone else has noticed or effected by this.

I'm still using kaspersky based aol anti-virus shield it had been working and updating fine since they change to mcafee though my signatures i've noticed are set at 8/31/2007 and when i try running update it goes "update is not required"

Is this all normal behavior ? or has aol officially slashed kaspersky based updates and i need to move to something else cause damned if i'm touching mcafee again :|

post-116051-1188749824_thumb.jpg

18 answers to this question

Just checking if anyone else has noticed or effected by this.

I'm still using kaspersky based aol anti-virus shield it had been working and updating fine since they change to mcafee though my signatures i've noticed are set at 8/31/2007 and when i try running update it goes "update is not required"

Is this all normal behavior ? or has aol officially slashed kaspersky based updates and i need to move to something else cause damned if i'm touching mcafee again :|

post-116051-1188749824_thumb.jpg

AOL no longer has contract with Kaspersky so all updates to the AOL-based Kaspersky will no longer be available. If you want AOL free antivirus software. you will need to get their McAfee one - which sucks from what I have been reading on the reviews.

hm that sucks was a great free Av while it lasted ohwell i'll have to change to something else

there's not other free kaspersky based AV's that i don't know about is there ?

Edited by Digix

wasn't a problem with AOL kaspersky is a high quality anti virus just because it had an aol image on the software proved no reason to not use it.

Just add

127.0.0.1 download.newaol.com to your host files, guys...

It will download updates then.

Where do you add host files?

Luv to get AVS updates again... damn AOL!

Thanks for the help..

CP

Just add the entry:

Code:

127.0.0.1 download.newaol.com

to your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file, and then AOL will use kaspersky servers for updates.. ....

Thanks Saikou.. I'll give that a shot...

UPDATE: WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!

Edited by YankeeFan1