I just got Fifa 08

Came out early here in Aus. A few days earlier in perth

I'll tell you guys what it's like once I've installed it etc.

$80

I would like to know what its like and if its changed from 07...I am tempted to get it like I do every year but if I start winning 4-0 on hard first time around I will take it back :laugh:

game sucks bigtime for PC as it is still branded as last gen, i mean my PC can perform better than a 360 and PS3 and is a great games machine. Graphics same as last years with the same bugs i may add also gameplay is the same. So whats the difference between 07 and 08. Well ...

- Updated transfers

- Slight Change of the GUI

- Rebranded 07 to 08

Seriously EA need to get the act together and start producing decent games for PCs. Since Fifa06 for PC nothing has changed and then they want to compete against PES which might not have the graphics but certainly doesnt hold back on features towards PC users.

FIFA 08 for PS2/PC/Xbox is the same game as FIFA 07. If you want to experience the new FIFA 08, you need to play it on a next gen console. I played the demo on my PS3 and let me tell you, it is very challenging and the game play is eons ahead of current-gen platforms.

I gave up on the Fifa franchise a few years back, although I do rent them occasionaly just to try figure out what went wrong. The demo of 08 made me even more determined to hold off for PES2008, the demo of that made me very happy :D

Ok I have been playing Fifa 2008 today and well theres no difference at all as I am still winning 5-0 but I have got to get used to the fact you can set the goalkeepers to difficulty its well and good putting your player through but finishing is tough.

Unlucky.

pes ftw

+1^nth degree.

I've been playing the Fifa08 demo on my ps3 and it's awful. So what if it's got every single licence known to man, the gameplay itself is still shockingly bad and I never truly feel in control of what the players (I should say ants, as they're tiny) are doing.

Been playing the PES2008 demo on pc since last night and it feels sooo much better than playing Fifa. God bless whoever wrote PS3 pad drivers for the PC is all I can say!

PES08 demo sucks though :p

5min game with just a few teams..

release the game, gdi! :D

I agree I've played both the PES08 and Fifa 08 demos and I'm not that impressed so far with PES08. At least on the PES08 demo you got to play 2 play a full match instead of just 1 half. I'm really looking forward to getting my copy of Fifa 08 for the PS3, I hope it arrives tomorrow.

PES2008 is better.....so far.

Fifa08 on pc is a poor version.

Yeah you know I noticed some glitches just now as well like when the player scored the game returned to the desktop and I couldn't make any changes because the game thought I wasn't controlling anyone!

I found it was pretty good for PC.

Not as good as it would be on the 360, but still good.

It's harder to pass around and keep possession than 07, and it has a more realistic feel to it.

The graphics are pretty much the same.

Edit - A glitch I found was that when O.Martins (Newcastle) had the ball, he'd call him another name (Forgot what it was, but the name was also a black persons name in the team)

It's like they got mixed up when naming the people.

I have just been playing the FIFA 08 Demo on the PS3 and have to say I am tempted. I will most likely buy it some time down the line though. I am out with friends on Friday and Saturday, and same with next week. I don't wanty to throw funds left right and centre. Plus these two weeks can help me wait for a PES demo on PSN, and then after all I would only have to wait two more weeks for the full release of Pro Evo.

So may pick it up in the future. Definetly the best version yet imo.

Edit - A glitch I found was that when O.Martins (Newcastle) had the ball, he'd call him another name (Forgot what it was, but the name was also a black persons name in the team)

It's like they got mixed up when naming the people.

I haven't had that glitch but only the one where I can't make subs LOL