Latitude D830 Track Stick

Question

I got a latitude D830 running Windows XP. It has a blue track stick in the middle of the keyboard, between the G and H for using the mouse.

I hate this little feature, and when I'm typing on the keyboard, I sometimes hit it, which moves the cursor and starts typing in the middle of a word...

I can't find anything on google to disable it

6 answers to this question

Go into the control panel. You can disable it in there.

i looked under Mouse and Keyboard option in Control Panel, yet I don't see where it can be disabled

Hey Buddy,

You are not alone. For reasons I cannot discuss at this time, especially on a forum all I can tell you is that it is NOT the touchpad. If you can; opt for a return. You have 30 days to ask for return from the day Dell SHIPPED the order. They will tell you it's 21 days to stall you, but do as I say. Get cracking. Had you posted an e-mail address I could offer more help.

i looked under Mouse and Keyboard option in Control Panel, yet I don't see where it can be disabled

Boiney,

You are an idiot and do not deserve to use a laptop if you cant figure out how to disable the touchpad. I read your posts in the so called other forum and come to a conclusion that you are a crazy person.

I have a Latitude D630 and when I go to Control Panel, Mouse there is a tab call Dell Touchpad.

Click on the picture on this tab to launch the "Dell Touchpad" application. This has all of the options required - it may also be available from the tray.