[Creative Xfi Software]Help -(

Hello everyone,

The top says it all. I have lost the cd driver for my Creative Xfi Xtreme music. I downloaded the latest driver, Creative MediaSource, and MediaSource go. However, I Couldn't find where to download the mode changer (Like Entertainment, Games ..), and the THX console is no where to be found ;(.

These things used to be installed from the CD. Is there any way to get them from Creative website or anywhere else? Because I simply cannot find them, and I'm soo eager to change some settings for my sound system. Heck, I can't even give my subwoofer a bass boost ;(.

Thanks.

I won't be so sure about it. Creative driver updates usualy like to only UPDATE what you installed first from the CD, so... Let's hope full drivers do include the stuff on CD, but with Creative, things can get nasty.

I don't mind making a ISO from the CD and upload it somewhere, but got the for X-Fi Fatal1ty and I'm not sure the CD's are interchangeable. And he probably need mainly THIS application:

xfivolumenw1.gif

...witch is the first (or the first are the drivers itself and this is the last?) option when cusom - installing the drivers...

So, are this (X-Fi\Console Launcher\ConsoLC.exe) Creative console included in the drivers on Creative site? Or perhaps there is separate package, finally?

Can anyone confirm what Trodas said about the downloads only being updates? may seem a silly question but since going to Vista my install CD is useless so i have been using the X-fi drivers for vista from the creative driver site, they have been working well for me but I've been having some volume issues, where it drops and increases randomly.

might be worth trying to get hold of the Vista CD from somewhere.

Sorry for hijacking/ going off at a tangent. As you were chaps!!!! :)

Hello everyone,

The top says it all. I have lost the cd driver for my Creative Xfi Xtreme music. I downloaded the latest driver, Creative MediaSource, and MediaSource go. However, I Couldn't find where to download the mode changer (Like Entertainment, Games ..), and the THX console is no where to be found ;(.

These things used to be installed from the CD. Is there any way to get them from Creative website or anywhere else? Because I simply cannot find them, and I'm soo eager to change some settings for my sound system. Heck, I can't even give my subwoofer a bass boost ;(.

Thanks.

I'm quite sure it's on the website!

Filename: CSL_PCAPP_LB_2_40_09.exe

This download contains the Creative Console Launcher application for use with the audio devices listed below in Microsoft? Windows Vista?. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following devices only:

Creative Sound Blaster? X-Fi? Elite Pro

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Creative PCI Express? Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic

It says it's for Vista, but you should give it a shot.

Try this one: Creative X-Fi Software Suite XP 2007

This CD includes a Full Suite of the latest Sound Blaster X-Fi Drivers and Applications for Windows XP.

It's a modified version of the X-Fi Vista Software Suite CD, I've removed the OS limitations, replaced the

driver with v2.9.7 (XP version with full OpenAL support) and merged all the latest applications & plugins.

Notes: Everything is selectable, including Creative Software AutoUpdate & Product Registration. :D

All applications are made to work in XP, they just never released them (the new versions).

Supported Models:

? SB X-Fi Xtreme Music (SB0460)

? SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer (SB0730/SB073A)

? SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Fatal1ty Professional Series (SB046A)

? SB X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS (SB0466/SB0256)

? SB X-Fi Platinum (SB0460/SB0251)

? SB X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series (SB046A/SB0256)

? SB X-Fi Elite Pro (SB0550/SB0510, SB055A/SB0510)

? A:D OEM versions :D

Application & Plugin versions:

? Common Audio Driver Interface v2.10.67

? Creative 3DMIDI Player v1.10.05

? Creative Audio Console v2.40.13

? Creative Auto Tag Cleaner v5.20.00

? Creative Console Launcher v2.40.09

? Creative Diagnostics v5.01.13

? Creative Karaoke Player v1.60.15

? Creative Media Toolbox v5.10.02

? Creative MediaSource Go! v5.00.20

? Creative MediaSource 5 Player & Organizer v5.10.57

? Creative MediaSource DTS Neo:6 Plugin v5.00.05

? Creative MediaSource CD-ROM Burner Plugin v5.01.33

? Creative MediaSource MiniDisc Plugin v5.00.11

? Creative MediaSource Net Content Plugin v5.00.02

? Creative MediaSource Online Store Plugin v5.00.08

? Creative MediaSource Player Skin Pack v5.00.08

? Creative Smart Recorder v2.40.20

? Creative Software AutoUpdate v1.10.08

? Creative Speaker Connection Wizard v1.00.23

? Creative System Information v1.10.08

? Creative Vienna SoundFont Studio v2.40.73

? Creative Volume Panel v2.10.57

? Creative WaveStudio 7 v7.10.17

? Media File Tag SubSystem v2.50.02

? On Screen Display v2.00.06

? Playback and Recording SubSystem v4.10.51

? SoundFont Bank Manager v3.20.20

? Speaker Connection Wizard v1.00.23

? Theme Engine v3.50.12

? THX Console v3.00.12

Install: Unpack (compressed with 7-Zip - www.7-zip.org - free) to any location, uninstall the old driver and

applications, reboot, download and run Driver Sweeper and/or Driver Cleaner to remove driver leftovers from

your system, burn or mount the iso, install and reboot again.

ADHDerby

If you want an original image,.. you can download about all Sound Blaster I:)tall CD images here. :)

• 2 months later...

guys sorry to bring up this old thread

how do i get the fancy version of the audio console with the bass redirection and 10 band eq and all that... all i have is a really simple version which lets me change the mode, the speaker selection, etc, and i can only adjust the 'bass' and 'treble' by double clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar...

i have xp x64, will the vista console launcher app work?

• 1 month later...
guys sorry to bring up this old thread

how do i get the fancy version of the audio console with the bass redirection and 10 band eq and all that... all i have is a really simple version which lets me change the mode, the speaker selection, etc, and i can only adjust the 'bass' and 'treble' by double clicking the speaker icon in the taskbar...

i have xp x64, will the vista console launcher app work?

This is what I do. Download the installation cd from link above and unselect the drivers (Which I believe are at the top) but install the other software, This installs the graphic mixer apps and keeps te x64 driver installed.

I only joined this forum to say this as it took me 2 years to find a solution to this and don't want u having to do the same :D

• 7 months later...
Try this one: Creative X-Fi Software Suite XP 2007

If you want an original image,.. you can download about all Sound Blaster Install CD images here. :)

I have tried to use the above link to get THX setup console to work, but the site won't download the package though it says it is on the site. Does anyone else have access to this package and a way to help a poor X-Fi user who wants to get bass management to work in Entertainment mode? The drivers from the original CD will not work and the newer drivers don't include the THX setup console that is needed to enable bass managment.

Thanks for your help!

Bill

• 11 months later...

Does anyone here know how to modify the files in the iso file of the X-Fi Software Suite XP 2007. So that it will work with the X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card. Because it works with the others just not this card.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Thanks.

First of all, what operating system are you using? If it is Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005., download and install this file: CSL_PCAPP_LB_2_61_09.exe.

It can be downloaded from the following site: http://support.creative.com/Downloads/searchdownloads.aspx

When you get to the website, enter "CSL_PCAPP_LB_2_61_09.exe" in the search box. Then click on "Show details".

This should solve your problem.