WindowBlinds 6.02 Arrives

WindowBlinds 6.02 is largely a maintenance release of the program fixing some bugs and dealing with some non-standard UI work Microsoft did (like on the Live apps).

It also adds support for the upcoming MyColors 2.0.

Here's the info from WinCustomize:

Stardock has released WindowBlinds 6.02. WindowBlinds is a program that allows users to change the look and feel of Windows XP and Windows Vista by applying a new visual style. Users can download thousands of free visual styles from websites such as WinCustomize.com, deviantART, SkinBase, Customize.org, and more.

Thanks to years of optimization, WindowBlinds not only won't slow down your computer, it is faster than Windows XP or Windows Vista is by default thanks to making use of video acceleration features in ATI, nVidia, and Intel-based video adapters. Moreover, WindowBlinds makes heavy use of resource sharing and as a result typically uses less memory than when using the default Windows XP or Windows Vista visual styles.

WindowBlinds 6.02 is a maintenance release designed fix some reported bugs, improve skin changing speed, and add support for MyColors themes.

WindowBlinds is a free download at
http://www.windowblinds.net
. Users can purchase an enhanced registered version which adds additional functionality for $19.95 (or get it as part of Object Desktop which adds several additional programs and costs $49.95).

Download:
www.windowblinds.net

Here's some screenshots:

wbjan08_thumb.jpg

[full view]

wbjan08a_thumb.jpg

[full view]

MyColors themes are where the theme itself includes all the software you need to run them. So for instance you might want to apply the Corvette (car) theme, the theme itself would provide stubs of WindowBlinds, IconPackager, gadgets, etc. under the covers so that users don't have to worry about whether they have a certain program or not.

Here's a tour of it:

http://www.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?aid=172162

20080107_2109.png

Very nice, been using Diamond for quite a while now..

May I ask what MyColors themes are?

Diamond is OK but the 'right click' or context menu looks bad, which is the only reason I don't use it.

Still good to see a new update.

Sweet, thanks =) I couldn't live without WindowBlinds. Need to renew my subscription though =\ Curse Apple charging me $20 for an update..*shakes fist*.

EDIT: Offtopic a bit here, but might I ask when Stardock Central will get a UI update? I just find it pales in comparison to all the other spiffy looking programs. It might have already, but whenever I open it, it seems to update. (I only say that because my subscription's been out for a while now, and I was thinking I might need the subscription up to update it properly).

Sweet, thanks =) I couldn't live without WindowBlinds. Need to renew my subscription though =\ Curse Apple charging me $20 for an update..*shakes fist*.

EDIT: Offtopic a bit here, but might I ask when Stardock Central will get a UI update? I just find it pales in comparison to all the other spiffy looking programs. It might have already, but whenever I open it, it seems to update. (I only say that because my subscription's been out for a while now, and I was thinking I might need the subscription up to update it properly).

Stardock Central is an endangered species. Its replacement comes within a matter of weeks actually and provides a state of the art experience in every sense of the term.

Stardock Central is an endangered species. Its replacement comes within a matter of weeks actually and provides a state of the art experience in every sense of the term.

That's what I like to hear =) Good job, Frogboy. Might have to renew my subscription 'coz of this :)

HOLLY YES!!

Both those themes are really ugly. Anyone want to entice me with some more beautiful ones?
Eminence: http://rjsmith2007.deviantart.com/art/Eminence-36197070

Aerial: http://danillooc.deviantart.com/art/aerial-33781910

WTM: http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?ski...349&libid=1

They are some of my favorites.

One to look over when it will be released: http://mrrste.deviantart.com/art/Coming-Soon-74538400

Wow those are some super themes, I think I'm going to reinstall WindowBlinds just to have a look!

I like the look of Aerial (even though I'd probably never use it) but the upcoming theme looks even better... finally something to rival Vista's default theme? We'll have to wait and see but it's the first theme that's caught my interest in a long while (since LunaElement2). I just hope they don't mess it up - the fonts already look a bit dodgy.

+1 for Eminence. I've used that theme for as long as I can remember :)

I just hope they don't mess it up - the fonts already look a bit dodgy.
Ahh... you don't have WindowBlinds. WB can change the fonts and the size on any skins :)

MyColors themes are where the theme itself includes all the software you need to run them. So for instance you might want to apply the Corvette (car) theme, the theme itself would provide stubs of WindowBlinds, IconPackager, gadgets, etc. under the covers so that users don't have to worry about whether they have a certain program or not.

Here's a tour of it:

http://www.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?aid=172162

Snip

Stardock used to have a similar application right? I can't remember the name right now but I remember using an application just like that by Stardock some time back.

It's there since WB 6.00, but has been improved along the way in 6.01
OK, thanks - I've been looking into buying WB since visual styles aren't Vista x64's thing and you've got a bit more freedom with it, however I couldn't find anything on the stardock site or their forums that 64 bit support was already implemented, just talk about beta's. Great to hear this though

I love how the release notes always state "speed improvements" for every single version they've ever released. I mean come on...

Maybe they do make it a little faster each release, but I doubt it's noticable. Maybe .004 seconds faster or something, enough so they can say that without lying. :laugh:

There a big change in skin change in that release. I was modding Aero Executive yesterday and I got shocked to get a ~5 seconds skin refresh...

I just hope they don't mess it up - the fonts already look a bit dodgy.

With WB6 you can change the font and the font size, along with the ability to change the color of the skin as well. Here is a quick walkthrough of the new UI and features in WB6.

http://islanddog.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?aid=164792

OK, thanks - I've been looking into buying WB since visual styles aren't Vista x64's thing and you've got a bit more freedom with it, however I couldn't find anything on the stardock site or their forums that 64 bit support was already implemented, just talk about beta's. Great to hear this though

Yes, there is support for both x64 XP and Vista. :)

Thanks for the update, had to get it via the email update as it kept failing through SC. Just tried that aero executive wood theme thingy( saw thread was closed ) anyway was going to mention it would look good with a black ash sub theme as well as the bright red cherry/maple look but remembered the remove colour in theme options, and i think it looks bloody stunning.