Sapphire Radeon HD 3450

Ok, I just replaced my old x700 Pro with an HD3450. I uninstalled the drivers, installed new card, booted and finally installed the Catalyst drivers again (8.2) After rebooting, my screen looked normal, but Windows was still bitching about an "unknown" device. After screwing aroun for about an hour I decided to pop the OEM install CD in and let Windows look for it there. To my suprise, the unknown device is for an on-card HD audio referred to as "Ati function driver for ATi audio - ATi AA01" This is my first card with HDCP and on board audio, so I wasn't expecting this. My question is why didn't the Cat drivers I downloaded from AMD's site install this driver? I could not find the individual driver for this on the site.

Edited by VRam

man the x700 pro was the best card ive ever had...at least the one that i found best in personal satisfaction...threw every game at it and it chugged its way through.

i had the tv capture edition so the drivers were also kinda funny at first.

use driver cleaner pro to completely remove any drivers.

then use crapcleaner (ccleaner) to remove the crap outta your computer+fix registry problems.

once done these two things--reboot computer

use the cd that came with the card to install drivers...(do this only if the next step didnt work)

dowload the ati catalyst complete pack drivers and install it over the software from the cd. (if this doesnt work look at the line above...

then just do randomly around downloading things like using realtek drivers for the same thing

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...p;GetDown=false

or if you are using windows vista 64 bit or just vista 32

use the xp drivers instead...extract them..and point the driver finder thing in device manger to look at the folder you just extracted. (ie...manually)

...ok...so you figured it out i guess?

well they arent included because ati has really crappy drivers anyways...use the omega drivers...they give some performance gains..

catalyst control center is control panel for display device and functions things like audio are separate i'd assume so yeah.

ATi should provide the drivers for the audio in the Cat package if they're placing the device on the card. It appears to be Realtek's chip as I was able to upgrade the drivers using their binary.

actually, it's in the folder that the CAT install program makes. something like c:/ati/catalyst8.2.009/cab , and if you point the driver installer to that area it will be found. Thing is, not every card that CAT driver works with has the hdcp audio as well. My x1900 Pro uses it, but my x1300 PCI doesn't.

• 2 months later...
man the x700 pro was the best card ive ever had...at least the one that i found best in personal satisfaction...threw every game at it and it chugged its way through.

i had the tv capture edition so the drivers were also kinda funny at first.

Ehh.. :|

Ever wondered why it didn't sell against the 6600GT? :p