Rampage vs Griffin Set For UFC 86

Just two weeks after ?The Ultimate Fighter 7? season finale takes place, UFC light heavyweight Quinton Jackson (28-6 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and Forrest Griffin (15-4 MMA, 6-2 UFC) ? the show?s two coaches ? will headline a UFC 86 event in Las Vegas.

The report comes from Dave Meltzer?s print edition of the Wrestling Observer.

As of today, though, the date hasn?t officially been approved by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. However, an NSAC representative today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that it?s not uncommon for the UFC to announce a date that hasn?t been scheduled with the commission ? especially when it?s four months away.

Back in December UFC president Dana White announced that Jackson and Griffin would serve as coaches on ?TUF 7,? which is currently filming in Las Vegas, and would then headline a major UFC event.

Jackson, who debuted in the UFC with a win over Marvin Eastman in February 2007, defeated Chuck Liddell three months later to win the light heavyweight championship. His first title defense was a successful one as he defeated Dan Henderson via unanimous decision at September?s UFC 75 event.

Griffin, the light heavyweight winner of ?The Ultimate Fighter 1,? secured his title shot with an upset victory over Mauricio ?Shogun? Rua in September. The submission victory pushed his UFC record to 6-2, which has included victories over Stephan Bonnar (twice), Bill Mahood, Elvis Sinosic and Hector Ramirez.

• 3 months later...

UFC_86.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQjWvJSUolc.swf

Main card

* Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Quinton Jackson vs Forrest Griffin

* Middleweight bout: Patrick C?t? vs Ricardo Almeida

* Lightweight bout: Joe Stevenson vs Gleison Tibau

* Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs Chris Lytle

* Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs Marcus Aurelio

Preliminary card

* Heavyweight Bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs Justin McCully

* Lightweight Bout: Jorge Gurgel vs Cole Miller

* Lightweight Bout: Melvin Guillard vs Dennis Siver

* Lightweight Bout: Corey Hill vs Justin Buchholz

This has the potential to be an epic battle. Forrest just has so much damn heart, that alone can keep him conscious for a while if need be. I'm willing to bet that Rampage doesn't take this fight as lightly as many fans do.

It's going to be good, I may change my thoughts on who's going to win this fight and say Griffin.

I was right Griffin won it on points, wouldn't mind seeing a rematch bet Rampage is p****d tho he loves that title :p

before the fight started i was going for rampage, but as soon as it started i wanted forrest to win. It's just so hard to want that guy to lose, i love him, i am glad he got the title, he definitely deserves it. But i definitely want a rematch.

that cote fight was boring, but i am glad the canadian boy won. Also that Koscheck fight was bloody as hell. I was dissapointed in lyttle, i thought he could beat him (i hate koscheck). Overall it was a good event.

I was right Griffin won it on points, wouldn't mind seeing a rematch bet Rampage is p****d tho he loves that title :p

Thanks for the spoiler =/

Thanks for the spoiler =/

Its not wise to enter the thread the night after it happens because there are going to be spoilers.

Its not wise to enter the thread the night after it happens because there are going to be spoilers.

Yeah. I spaced and thought it was next weekend.