Neowin Toolbar available

Updated link

ScreenShot :

neowintoolbar.png

This is a IE toolbar I've developed for Neowin.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Is still beta so be carefully.

When it will be final I will release the code too.

If you have any suggestion or want to report bugs please post them here.

The search option doesn't work at this point and the menu search will search with google

(if you select a text in a page and then right click on it, a menu will appear with Search Neowin)

If you want to create icons for toolbar then the specs for icons are:

every icon is 16x16 (this will change by request)

they are 9 icons that you must put in a bmp file

also notify if you have a transparent color in bmp.

I wait your feedback

Thanks

Edited by xan_san

actually it'd be smart for him to iron out the bugs and go final with the IE one first..that way he wouldn't have to split his time across 2 different things. besides...start with the biggest user base right :)

nice.........!

but i think i'll wait till the final release.....don't really like to use betas or anything. :D

I didn't have problems with this toolbar so you can try it... Is very easy to install/uninstall...(if you don't like it)

I want to be tested to know if something is wrong...

Can you hardcode a minimum refresh time of like 1 minute into the thing? I don't think we'll want people accidentally spamming the site because of bad settings.

Also, I'd see about making it more flexible if there are forum changes and such. Screen scraping is cool ;)

Can you hardcode a minimum refresh time of like 1 minute into the thing? I don't think we'll want people accidentally spamming the site because of bad settings.

Also, I'd see about making it more flexible if there are forum changes and such. Screen scraping is cool ;)

there is a limit of 30 seconds but if you really want 1 minute I'll change that...

First bug, although I don't know how to recreate it. After leaving it on and surfing the net for a few minutes a file called neowintoolbar.tmp appeared and disappeared from my desktop. Then it just crashed. :unsure:

First bug, although I don't know how to recreate it. After leaving it on and surfing the net for a few minutes a file called neowintoolbar.tmp appeared and disappeared from my desktop. Then it just crashed. :unsure:

Thanks. I've noticed this ... I'll try to solve it...

still needs a lot of work,but it's great that somebody started to work on it...

you need to add:

option to remove buttons i dont need

option to disable icons

option to disable refresh stuff,somebody might not need it if he use news,posts on desktop

refresh time in seconds,not in miliseconds.that's just lame,numbers like 15000000

i'll post some ideas later.you have a lot of work now i guess :)

keep up the good work and finish it

Thanks Dominik for your help I'll put your request and all other requests in the next versions

Till then I have a new build ... I hope it solves the issue observed by Edge(thanks again)... Go to first post to download...

tis nice dude

but like the people have said

need to be able to customise and remove some of the buttons that you may not want!

keep up the good work :D