Uxtheme.dll for XP SP3 RTM in this thread!

Here you go... hacked the file myself. If you have issues with it, sorry! Just to make sure you know, this is the v5512 file with the Hex edited, not just a v5508 file or some such. :)

uxtheme_6.0.2900.5512_EN_checksum.zip

Also, an easy way to patch it is using "Replacer"!

http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer/

P.S. If this kills your PC, sorry! But it's working fine on mine, see:

post-21616-1208985984.jpg

UPDATE - Fixed the checksum... let me know if there is anything else I missed!! :)

I just used the one from RC2 5508 and it worked, but I'll check this one out too. Thanks.

True, but this one is from the actual 5512 (RTM) release. Dunno if there is really any change between them, but it's the "correct" file in a sense. :)

True, but this one is from the actual 5512 (RTM) release. Dunno if there is really any change between them, but it's the "correct" file in a sense. :)

As long as it works, thats all that really matters. :p

As long as it works, thats all that really matters. :p

Yeah yeah... I guess I just don't like non-rtm files mucking up my system32. lol

Yeah yeah... I guess I just don't like non-rtm files mucking up my system32. lol

I was just going to use it until a "proper" 5512 version came out. Seems I didn't have to wait as long as I thought I would. :D Thanks for the quick work. (Y)

Thank you :)

No prob! Hope it works for all of you! :) It should, but if things always worked how they were supposed to, I don't this site would be as big as it is today. :whistle:

No prob! Hope it works for all of you! :) It should, but if things always worked how they were supposed to, I don't this site would be as big as it is today. :whistle:

Totally of topic but your join date is in 03 but yet your sig says 02? :wacko:

Totally of topic but your join date is in 03 but yet your sig says 02? :wacko:

Yeah, my first username (FlishFun is my second) joined in Jan of '02. :) I just need to see if there's a way to fix that (ie, change my reg date), one day. :)

EDIT - And yes, prior to me changing my name, staff was aware. Don't think this means you all can go a name changin'! lol

Thanks! I'll have to use this once it's officially released. I use Windows Noir (The "completed" version of sorts, a modified version of the one MS released), best theme, in my opinion, that I've seen for XP.

Thanks, will put that in my slipstreamed CD.

And I don't understands why the staff didn't change your name via the admin panel :blink:

AFAIK, If you know well an Admin he could change your join date directly in the SQL database.

I just fixed the checksum (was mentioned on my blog)... let me know if there is anything else I missed (or if it doesn't work right)!! :)

I installed the service pack from the desktop and it never changed my theme.

What theme were you using? If the Service Pack install finished correctly, it would have overwritten your uxtheme.dll. :huh:

Thank you FlishFun works fine so far.

I made a bat file that deletes the uxtheme from the cache dirs, and copies and renames the uxtheme.dll

just double click the copyren.bat and wait for the system files protection dialog, and tell it yes you want to keep this new file.

reboot, use your favorite msstyles

Thank you FlishFun works fine so far.

I made a bat file that deletes the uxtheme from the cache dirs, and copies and renames the uxtheme.dll

just double click the copyren.bat and wait for the system files protection dialog, and tell it yes you want to keep this new file.

reboot, use your favorite msstyles

Actually that's pretty close to what "replacer" does (I mentioned it in the first post), but great job, nevertheless! :)