StyleXP update for XP SP3?

Sure. Just replace the uxtheme.dll with a patched one - this thread started by FlishFun contains download links to a patched .dll for XP SP3 as well as instructions.

• 8 months later...

Is there any way to get StyleXP to work with SP3? I'd like to use StyleBuilder, but that's impossible since StyleXP is incompatible with SP3. Anybody have a potential fix (or a program comparable to StyleBuilder)?

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any way to get StyleXP to work with SP3? I'd like to use StyleBuilder, but that's impossible since StyleXP is incompatible with SP3. Anybody have a potential fix (or a program comparable to StyleBuilder)?

Stylebuilder works fine without StyleXP installed.

• 1 year later...

hey guys, i replaced that uxtheme file with the patched one, but style xp still wont work :unsure: :( . any ideas?

actually, scratch that. i found i could apply the theme thru properties and not having to use style xp to apply it... sorryy for my useless posts :rolleyes:

StyleXP was only there to leech money off the people who were too ignorant about the fact you could just simply patch the uxtheme.dll to use custom themes. Stylebuilder was the only useful thing those guys made. Think they quickly realized that most people were smart and avoided paying for their program and simply used the uxtheme multipatcher instead, hence why they're not around anymore.