MobileMe Causing High CPU Use

Not really looking for a solution here as the solution lies with Apple. But since installing MobileMe my CPU cycles go mad every 15 minutes or so causing my MacBooks fans to go up to 6200RPM for around a minute and insuring my MacBook stays at a healthy 64?c instead of 42?c.

Took the screenshot below a few seconds too late as the process had just exited, so just wondering does anyone else have any issues with this?

post-180771-1216081273_thumb.png

i haven't had any issues with it on my iMac. Tomorrow I plan on using my iBook for a while, so I'll be curious how that handles it. I'll also see if this happens to my pc at work. Why don't you set it to update every hour for now until they fix it, if there is actually a problem?

Well, i've got it set on Automatic as with .mac it only updated when it felt I was using a considerable amount of online use. It seams to be doing it all the time now though. I will change it to hourly and see if anything changes.

To note, if I go and play around with MobileMe on another machine my MacBook goes crazy almost all the time :D

Slightly off topic, but is MobileMe 'pushing' changes made to your Mac, or are you having to wait for the automatic/manual sync to pick them up?

Sometimes it seems to push right away, but other times it seems to take a while. I know things aren't pushing to my touch very well at all. But my pc and iMac seem to sync up pretty quickly.

Sometimes it seems to push right away, but other times it seems to take a while. I know things aren't pushing to my touch very well at all. But my pc and iMac seem to sync up pretty quickly.

Strange, it's the other way around for me - iPhone to MobileMe (and vice versa) is pushing fine. Just having problems between my MacBook and the cloud, seems I need to sync after every change I make.

It's still really buggy. My iBook just keeps syncing even though nothing has changed. And my touch never seems to update. I actually turned off push and then I got like 10 emails. Push did something and screwed up getting my email other than the me.com one. And push totally drains my touch battery.

Wow, and while i was typing this my iBook just shut itself with a battery warning even though it said 39% left. :rofl: