Strange wireless issue

Ok, let me first say that I live in an apartment. Anyways, I just bought a new desktop computer and my dad just bought a laptop. Both are Dell Inspiron computers and they both use Vista Premium. We both use wireless internet. However, I'm experiencing something strange. On my computer, I get disconnected sometimes. When I get disconnected, my wireless adapter fails to detect the wireless router at my apartment. The strangest thing is that my adapter can pick up the wireless signals from my neighbor's apartment just fine. But what's funny is that my dad's laptop never gets disconnected at all.

What is causing this strange problem? If it's a router problem, why am I having problems on my desktop, but my dad doesn't have problems on his laptop. If it's my adapter that's bad, why am I only losing the signal on my own router and not my neighbor's router?

Hmmmmm this is very odd, what i would do first is:

1. Update the drivers for your Wireless NIC. See if that fixes it.

And..

2. Has your router or PC been moved? There might be something interfering , such as a cordless telephone or a microwave that has been moved into the line between your PC and your router (thats what happened to me).

Thats all i can think of that suits your situation.

Hope it helps,

Hilmy.

If there is interference, the laptop my dad has should be getting interference as well. This problem is very unusual. This never happened on my old XP computer. When I bought my new computer, that's when the problem started to occur. I have a feeling it's some sort of Vista issue, but I don't know why my dad's laptop never get's disconnected. That I can't figure out.