True Blood

Clipboard01.png

The show details the fictional co-existence of vampires and humans in a small Louisiana town after Japanese-made synthetic blood ? "TruBlood" ? becomes available for purchase. Anna Paquin stars as Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress at a diner who falls in love with one of the vampires, Bill Compton (portrayed by Stephen Moyer).

Did anyone manage to catch the premiere to this show? I thought it was really awesome and can't wait for more episodes plus Anna Paquin will always be rogue to :blush:ush: but she has a power again tho which is c:pl :p

actually, I'm waiting for show about the fictional co-existence of elves and humans in a small Wisconsin town after Keebler made synthetic cookie-dough ? "TruEARs":laugh:h:

I saw a glimpse of this and my opinion is it won't do good.

The show is kinda iffy to me right now. I'll watch some more just because it's created by Alan Ball.

I was hoping for some of that good ol' Six Feet Under style humor.

The show is kinda iffy to me right now. I'll watch some more just because it's created by Alan Ball.

Yeah I want it to be good because on my list is a vampire series and a zombie series and seeing as the zombie one isn't happening (unless I finish my amazing script) I will love this one! and yeah shes cute :shifty:

Yeah I want it to be good because on my list is a vampire series and a zombie series and seeing as the zombie one isn't happening (unless I finish my amazing script) I will love this one! and yeah shes cute :shifty:

Did you see those legs?

HBO just can't catch a break.

After engineering a massive, multimillion-dollar marketing campaign to promote "True Blood," the new vampire series from Alan Ball, Sunday's premiere drew just 1.44 million viewers.

That's bad news for the cable channel, which hasn't been able to launch a new one-hour drama to any kind of ratings fanfare in some time. Without one of its previous powerhouse lead-ins ("The Sopranos," "Sex and the City") its new shows have floundered.

David Milch's offbeat surf drama "John From Cincinnati" debuted to 3.4 million in June 2007 (albeit following the well-attended series finale of "The Sopranos"), while the sexually explicit drama "Tell Me You Love Me" suffered without a strong lead-in, premiering to 910,000 viewers in September 2007.

Neither of those shows was as heavily marketed as "True Blood," and both were canceled after one season. (The low-budget "In Treatment," a half-hour, five-night-a-week therapy drama starring Gabriel Byrne, was renewed for a second season but delivered even more modest ratings than "Tell Me.")

The "True Blood" audience was lower than even the last new episode of HBO's "Big Love," which delivered 2.88 million in August 2007. And it pales overall when compared with the network's past drama premieres such as "Big Love" (4.56 million in March 2006), "Rome" (3.8 million in August 2005) and "Deadwood" (5.79 million in March 2004).

It should be noted that pay channels like HBO and Showtime air their series episodes several times over the course of a week and over various multiplexes, and HBO executives will be paying close attention to the "True Blood" premiere's cumulative viewership. (A later 10:30 p.m. airing Sunday added 672,000 viewers to that overall tally).

On the positive tip, reviews for "True Blood" have ranged from lukewarm to enthusiastic. Times critic Mary McNamara was less of a fan, saying Ball zapped the fun out of the original Charlaine Harris' novels and turned it into a "heavy-handed political fable."

Ball, of "Six Feet Under" fame, tried to level expectations for the series last week, telling Time Out Chicago that he didn't feel the pressure to strike gold twice. "I do the best show I can, then I go home and I have a life. Ultimately, it's just television."

Meanwhile, 1.645 million tuned in afterward for the Season 5 premiere of "Entourage." Numbers improved upon "True Blood," but also rank as the series' smallest audience since July 2005. The premiere was down 29% from the fourth-season opener.

[Source]

Personally I didn't like it :( it's a shame I had high hopes for it as well

It has promise, I just hope they give it more then just 4 or 5 episodes.

The show really looked good, and I'd love to be watching it, but I canceled my Showtime and HBO subscriptions over a year ago... wasn't worth paying the extra per month for only a couple of shows.

If this show manages to make it through a full season, I'll probably go out and buy the DVD set. Sadly, I'll have to wait for the DVD release for Dexter Season 3 as well... and do you have any idea how hard it's going to be for me to not read any spoilers on it???? Oh, the humanity!

:D

HBO is ordering a second season of new series "True Blood" after just two episodes.

The series, which follows the adventures of vampires in New Orleans, will go back into production early next year in anticipation of a new batch of episodes for the summer of 2009.

While the premiere episode of the series received a modest audience, HBO cited an "unprecedented" 24% increase in viewers for the second installment. In addition, the "Blood" premiere drew 4 million when additional runs of the that episode were tallied.

"We are absolutely thrilled that the critics and our viewers have embraced 'True Blood,'" said Michael Lombardo, president of programming group and West Coast operations at HBO. "Alan Ball has done it again--made an addictive series that is unlike any other."

"I am thrilled to be able to continue to work with such a talented group of writers, cast and crew to explore the characters and world created by Charlaine Harris in her novels," said Alan Ball, executive producer of "Blood."

There's still no story though.

I want the showto do well, tv need a good vampire show. einsce they cancelled theBlade show wich was pretty good. but it has no story. it needs to pick up and create a reason to exist.

havign random evens for an episode and ending with a random unconnected cliffhanger every episode. that's not a story, that's just stupid.

I want the showto do well, tv need a good vampire show. einsce they cancelled theBlade show wich was pretty good. but it has no story. it needs to pick up and create a reason to exist.

havign random evens for an episode and ending with a random unconnected cliffhanger every episode. that's not a story, that's just stupid.

He must have some ideas otherwise they wouldn't of given it a second season.

He must have some ideas otherwise they wouldn't of given it a second season.

Anna Paquin naked in the Season 2 Finale would sell the entire series for me up until that point.

If you read the book, you'll find out how they are connected. I wouldn't recommend it though, it gives too much of the plot away, like who will die next and who is the killer.

If you really want to know who the killer is: read the book

:p