New Windows Live Search Leaked?

Dont thank me, only passing it on! Won't mention name of other forum - pretty sure thats against the ToS here.

Can only hope these are even close to what they do, their current site is pretty poor :(

I do, but find myself checking against Google. I found this earlier on the Live Search blog:

We're glad you like the product and we recognize that there is a brand issue across Windows Live. And we've been pretty upfront about that when we talk to customers and advertisers(http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/017296.html). We're working on fixing those issues so stay tuned. Thanks for the feedback . . and keep it coming!

If Microsoft had more going for them than Google Envy, we might actually see a better search engine out of them. For some reason Microsoft/MSN/Live search has always been missing that Je ne sais quoi.

Plus until recently, it was rather difficult as a web site owner to directly submit your website. Thankfully support the new siteindex.xml plus a manual way of submitting for updates has changed that; however, Google and Yahoo still give better search results on my website.

Live Search and Windows live in general are getting better with each update imo.

Sure Google is ahead, but they've done the search engine bit for years now, MS with MSN was pretty meh about search until around 2005/2006.

Just give it time I guess.

I found this link at LiveSide which shows the possible new Windows Live Search but also shows that maybe name changes are coming to Windows Live Hotmail, Windows Live Photo Gallery & more: LiveSide story

I think all the name changes, new Live Search UI & everything shown in this post is fantastic & I really hope it isn't fake.

Here is the comment I left:

"I really hope all of this is true! The renamings make much more sense, I hated it when they changed it back to Live Hotmail rather than Live Mail. Hotmail is such a childish name! & changing the name to Live Mail would not be confusing to people now the new design is there (it shouldn't be confusing anyway).

I also think those search pages look much better & make much more sense. The results page in the Wave 3 style looks fantastic & the way they have the related searches & other searches at the side. Also the favicons in search results make much more sense - something even Google hasn't done yet.

Maybe all the links to "LiveSide" in the search results is hinting at more accuracy in the new Windows Live Search?

I really hope this is all true, but there just seem to be maybe a few things which scream "fake!". I hope not!"

I reckon it's fake guys. Sorry for posting if it is. Some guys over at liveside found misspellings.

Still it would be nice if Microsoft *was* working on this.