Free PC Games From The Air Force

Awesome! Time to free up some disk space!

EDIT: I thought these were just going to be some low budget meteocre games that the Air Force could compensate for releasing thier game free, but Area 51 is really good. Also, for those who use download managers, Area 51 is available at bigdownload.com. Their servers allow multiple connections and with Bitcomet I'm really maxing out my connection.

Edited by Recon415

Even for free I would avoid The Suffering Ties That Bind, I bought that game and it's so riddled with bugs that make it almost impossible to progress in the game.

To top it off, the lazy SOB developers/publishers didn't bother to release any patches for it at all, not to mention the retail version is riddled with Starforce crap, I'm not sure about the free versions they are offering for download.

Area 51 isn't too bad, never played Rise and Fall:Civilizations at War....

I'm guessing they'd have ads from the Air Force in them or something?

On the suffering filefront page:

Short Description

Midway’s classic PC shooter, The Suffering, is now available to download and play for FREE as an ad supported game. This is a full version with no time expiration sponsored by the US Air Force.

Doesn't mention anything about copyright protection though.

I've downloaded Area51, played it and finished it a week ago. And I didn't know the voice of the main character (i.e. you) is David Duchovny. Anyway, it's a good little fps.

OMG is it just me, or are those games totally lame? :/ It seems like the Air Force is trying to tap nerdcore gamers, and it's so offpoint it's scary... I mean the army releasing a game about conspiracies and Area 51? lol I dunno maybe I'm being too cynical... but yeh I saw that page with the three titles displayed and I laughed.

It just smacks of some old recruitment firm trying to come up with 'cool' ways to entice today's youth (N)

Out of the three games, Area 51 is the best. It came out in April '05 and it's pretty fun. The story is quite cool too. And you know what's great about it? The main character is voiced by none other than David Duchovny himself.

I never thought I'd say this but, "I love the U.S. Air Force" :wub:

Yeah, these games are awesome! I'm totally joining now!!