replacing drag and drog cursors

how to replace drag and drop cursors?

i have downloaded a set of a0x cursors from deviantart a0x cursor. and follow the instructions:

To change drag & drop cursors you need to modify [ResHacker] ole32.dll, which can be found in c:/windows/system32 directory.

i have replaced the cursors using reshacker and replacer (by modifying icon group 1,2,3 and 4) but it doesn't take effect although i have reboot my pc. the ole32.dll shows the correct cursors though.

did i miss any extra steps? anyone can help me?

Why didn't you just change the cursors from the mouse control panel? :blink:

how do you change drag&drop cursors from the mouse control panel? there's no such option in there. :rofl:

there is a d&d cursor in user32.dll too. i don't remember which one is the correct dll, because i reshacked both.

oh sorry. i meant the drag and drop disabled cursor.

Edited by dis

just found out that the cursor works in windows except dragging an icon within the same workarea. i'll get black borders around the cursor when:

1. dragging icons from windows a to window b (windows refers to win explorer/any folder)

2. dragging icons from desktop

if i were to drag icon from desktop to window, the correct cursor will only be shown when the cursor has reached the window.

pic of cursor with black border:

alphawh8.jpg

i think there are cursors located in other system files that i've missed.

I have seen this before, you are using a smooth 32-bit cursor with embedded shadow on XP. And Explorer tries to add the [+] sign to it, but fails and screws up the alpha channel. I do not think there is anything you can do about it save from switching to Vista.