From Thunderbird to Hotmail

Question

Hi everybody,

Rercently, Hotmail has rolled the pop3 options worldwide. I tried getting my mails with Thunderbird portable. Everything went fine until I noticed that by default, TB didn't leave a copy of mails on the server. Now all my mail is in TB and my Hotmail is empty. I've enabled the "Leave ca copy on server" option for the future.

Now my question is, how can I move the mails in TB back to my Hotmail inbox?

Much thanks for any suggestions.

Edit:

For those interested, I've managed to send my the mails back to Hotmail. Here's the steps:

- Download IMAPSize from http://www.broobles.com/imapsize/index.php

- Launch the program, you dont need to configure any mail account.

- From the Tools menu, select mbox2eml.

- Navigate to your Thubderbird profile folder, look for your account. Select "All files".

- There will be a file representing each folder in Thunderbird. If you want to convert all mails in your inbox, select Inbox.msf.

- Select a folder you want to save the converted mails.

- Open Outlook Express, configure it for your mail.

- Create a local folder in Outlook Express.

- Navigate to the folder containing the exported mails via Windows Explorer, select all the mails (Ctrl+A), drag&drop to the folder you created in Outlook Express.

- In outlook express, click File -> Export -> Messages

- Select the local folder you have created (which contain the mails).

- The folder will be exported to your Outlook account (provided you have configured Outlook with a mail).

- Optionally if you want to upload the mails to Hotmail, select all the mails in the created folder and drag them to your Inbox.

- After Send&Receive, all the mails will be back in Hotmail, saving some miserable space on your pc.

Edited by P1R4T3

2 answers to this question

Hi everybody,

Rercently, Hotmail has rolled the pop3 options worldwide. I tried getting my mails with Thunderbird portable. Everything went fine until I noticed that by default, TB didn't leave a copy of mails on the server. Now all my mail is in TB and my Hotmail is empty. I've enabled the "Leave ca copy on server" option for the future.

Now my question is, how can I move the mails in TB back to my Hotmail inbox?

Much thanks for any suggestions.

i want to say a plain No, for that appeals to me most

but i have googled and found THIS, although it needs you to use outlook (you'd have to export your emails form thunderbird to outlook), it may be the only way known to do it.

And no gaurantees, i havent tried it, i merely found the page.

One should always be careful when setting up email accounts :) You wont be doing that again in a hurry, ill wager....