Longhorn SideBar

This will add Longhorn SideBar on your Windows 98 or later with Active Desktop features. Please read below before continue.

SETUP INSTRUCTION

1. This program requires Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Microsoft Visual Basic 6 Runtime and Macromedia Flash Player 7 to work properly.

2. After installation has done, right click on Longhorn SideBar - Control Center tray icon and select Preferences menu to configure your SideBar

3. In Preferences dialog, you can click Manage SlideShow button and drop your pictures to display in slide (read notes.txt)

4. If you use resolution lower than 800x600, you'll see some parts of SideBar.

WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 5.0

-Added SideBar application core with the follow updates

:Apply skins and clocks from tray

:Built-in transparency support

:No more active desktop to slow down your PC

:No more background icon transparent and 32-bit icon problems in XP/2003

:SideBar Docking support (take up workspace)

:To show SideBar, double click tray icon

:Toggle Show/Hide SideBar

-Added Western (By Scott Eichelberger)

-Corrected month December in Tile mode

-Updated memo to be direct editable memo in program

-Updated SideBar gui displaying code

-Updated slideshow to search for all files and display it (read notes.txt)

WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4.0

-Added Aero PDC and Jade and Slate (WinHEC) skin

-Added Aero WinHEC clock

-Clock was seperated from Skins for more customizing with optimized for resizing mode (512x512 pxl)

-Fixed color problem in css

-New SideBar file structure

-New Tile mode (You can choose it during installation or maintenance)

-Updated Aero PDC (Night) clock

-Updated Neowin.net skin from Neowin Transformation Pack

-Updated SideBar layout

-Updated uninstall script to keep memo and slideshow pictures

WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 3.0

-Added "Manage SlideShow" and " Apply Skins" link in About page (You should see notes.txt in these folders)

-Added Tasks pane for more features

-Added Skinning support with new 8 skins (Aero, Longhorn SideBar, Luna, MCE Aqua, Media Center, Neowin.net and Slate and Mistic version)

-Moved Slideshow and Google Search in Tasks list and add File Mirrors Search and News Links in tasks list

-Updated Longhorn Clock looks more smoother

WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 2.0

-Random slideshow images

-Tuned reconfigure resolution settings (It's recommend you to resize the bar before do it)

-Updated Memo to html

-Updated SideBar to gradient mode

-Updated style cheet color

-You can change slideshow at windir\sidebar\slide and replace file to shotx.jpg (resizing fixed)

LONGHORN TILE FEATURES

Tile is a new major updates from Longhorn build 4053 It won't be pane-type as Sidebar anymore. It looks like pop-up window which holding these stuffs.

1. Longhorn Clock

This component has date as title and cool Longhorn Clock in flash!

2. Memo

This component will display your memo notes. You can type whatever you want in and click Save to save your memo.

3. Calander

Only new features for tile mode because it's too large for SideBar pane. Same as Longhorn build 4053 tile but change current date text color instead hilight background. This feature will be resized while resizing.

4. About

It will redirect to new tile which contains project information, developer information and beta-testers

LONGHORN SIDEBAR FEATURES

You'll see five components in SideBar. There are:

1. About

About is link page. It will redirect to new bar which contains project information, developer information and beta-testers

2. Date and Longhorn Clock

This component has date as title and cool Longhorn Clock in flash!

3. Memo

This component will display your memo notes. You can type whatever you want in and click Save to save your memo.

4. Slide Show

This component will display slideshow picture. It will change picture with fade effects in 5 seconds. There's default My Pictures and my Chobits wallpaper :p

5. Search with Google

You can use quick search in this component. As the title, you'll search in Google with 256 maximum characters. Click "Search!" to start Google search in new window.

6. File Mirrors Search

You can find your wanted file with this famous file seeker site. You also can visit website at http://www.filemirrors.com

7. News Links

If you're one who interested in PC-tech, you can visit these famous PC-tech site in these links. It could be easier to make few clicks in desktop than uses favourites.

LONGHORN SIDEBAR REMOVAL

You can remove Longhorn SideBar by this this setup again and select "Yes, I want to uninstall Longhorn SideBar and install new one" option and press OK. You can tick "Also remove slideshow pictures, memo, everything." to remove all Longhorn SideBar stuffs (recommended for installing newer version).

Download Longhorn SideBar 5.0

post-23644-1114699207_thumb.jpg

Edited by Windows X

This is very very interesting. It uses very very little memory. One question is how can i get it to display on top?

Other then that very very cool idea. Keep up the good work.. Hehe perhaps make it a bit easier to edit the memos:)

Looks good nice job.

Hey i didnt steal ur idea windows x, maybe if yours was as authentic as mine i wouldnt have started one, but anyways i hope your over it.

Hey i didnt steal ur idea windows x, maybe if yours was as authentic as mine i wouldnt have started one, but anyways i hope your over it.

I didn't tell you steal my idea at all. In fact, I try to let ppl clear about your pack that you didn't steal my one. And about the reason for my bar...

authentic? Not for resizing? LOL I'm not stupid enough to leave the real sidebar images like you think. And I didn't want to public unqualified product here. I start Longhorn Pack in first of March. Actually, before you. But I didn't public it cause I can't make great installer and fix some problems so I keep it secretly in my PC. But you, just repack other ppl files and give instruction to do and say your PACK?!? If that's OK, I think I can public my file at 7 March and let ppl change uit theirself and only for Windows XP SP1! So that's not your first pack and your first release too. Do you see my product? It come with automate installer and wizard and my sidebar support 800x600,1024x768 and 1280x1024 some resolution between 1024x768 and 1280x1024 may work as well or you may need to resize bar yourself. Also uninstalling. Now I think I could find the solution to fix gradiently bar problems with semi-image strecth. Alan, find the install author and make it easier.

Ahhhhh I dont really want a automatic installer, I mean, it doesnt make my sidebar bad becuase it doesnt have a installer.

like watching two kids bicker... me grabs me popcorn.....

Peeeeeeeeeez