IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

Anyone else stoked for this? It comes out in about a week. Looks like it fills the hole that Crimson Skies has left quite nicely.

A few pics:

il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey-20090901103909842.jpgil-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey-20090901103927149.jpge3-2009-il-2-sturmovik-brids-of-prey-screens-20090602045043370.jpg

IGN gave it an 8.6. Excerpt from the review:

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey has almost all the bases covered. It can be an accessible, forgiving flight combat game for novices, a challenge for veterans, and a true test of will for the ultra hardcore. With some sharp plane models, a number of gigantic and realistic settings, and a flurry of effects onscreen, the game manages to look and sound just as good as it plays. Throughout its campaign and single missions you'll take on huge swarms of fighters in World War II-style dogfights, using your machine guns and tactical knowledge to fly away victorious. It draws you in with its strongly realized setting, gives you plenty of planes to play around with across numerous missions, and offers up four multiplayer modes in which you can test the limits of your piloting talent. This isn't a game that seeks to amaze with some kind of gimmick or flash. Birds of Prey is more subtle and sturdy, where the strength of its play mechanics and attention to detail make it one of the best choices for console-based flight combat.?

Link

Played the ( superior ) PC version for years and years, not sure how this holds up in comparison realism wise - Don't think I'd be able to enjoy a proper flight-simulator without a stick either.

Same as Sethos I played the very first version of this game. And all too anxious about these new releases. The memories of this game are warm and fuzzy as I carved the skies in dogfights. Still interested in the new installment, so the feedback will be welcome.

Obviously, it isn't going to be as good as the original version (which I loved and played to death!) but it certainly fills the flight arcade/sim gap in the console market (especially compared to that abortion Hawx).

Was put off by a combination of IL2:1946 sitting on my shelf and my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 in full working order.

As good as the demo is for non FS'ers, going from the PC version to this is a step back.

The demo showed of a very promising game, but setting the game to highest realism is isn't all that realistic, the flight model is severely flawed, and merely turning will cause a P50 do instantly stall.

As for flgiht sticks, it does support the limited edition HOTAS stick MS released for the 360 with the US version of Ace Combat. And thereis a third party 360 flight stick out there, but it doesn't have the separate throttle. though honestly for a WWII sim the separate throttle and HOTAS system isn't all that necessary, after all they didn't exactly have HOTAS back then.