Anyone unhappy with their MS Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 in Windows 7?

This problem was bugging me for days since I installed Windows 7 on the 23rd. The problem specifically is in Accelerated Scrolling not having an effect whatsoever when its enabled in Intellipoint 7.0 software (accessed from Control Panel > Mouse) whether it's set on low or high. This forced me to have Vertical Scrolling increased instead to speed up scrolling, but this resulted in large blocks of text skipping by, not making it easy to see where the last line you were reading at.

Out of curiosity, I unplugged my mouse and connected an old MS Wheelmouse Optical, selected the correct mouse in Intellpoint and Accelerated scrolling actually worked. I was able to have Vertical Scrolling set to zero, or 2, so it skips past every line or two (giving the effect of smooth-scrolling), and have it accelerated by scrolling faster, just what I wanted.

I connected my Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 back in and it was fixed to my surprise, then realised that my old mouse I tested was still selected in Intellipoint.

Conclusion to the story: Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 drivers or the Accelerated Scrolling feature in Intellipoint 7.0 is broken. Select the Wheelmouse Optical mouse from the drop down list to fix this, you will only lose the functionality of the red magnifier button at the thumb side of the mouse, but no big deal :)

If by chance anyone here is from Microsoft or has contacts to them who wouldn't mind passing along this message to the Microsoft Hardware development team it would be appreciated so the fix could be included in the next Intellipoint update.

edit: forgot to mention, if you use DAMN's NFO Viewer, scrolling is completely broken in it with Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 selected as well, almost impossible to scroll in it unless you do it fast/erratically, now it's fixed by selecting a different mouse :)

Edited by aarste

@aarste

After reading your post I decided to try this out and it worked for me. But I like using the side buttons so I ended up testing out some of the other models from the drop down list and found that the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 also works plus it has side buttons. I just had to re-assign what they do to match what I had before. Anyway thanks for the post, that was driving me nuts.