Engine: Proprietary

Previous Forza Motorsport Threads:
Forza Motorsport 1
Forza Motorsport 2
Forza Motorsport 3

362443166t.jpg792042112t.jpg130224851t.jpg115824778t.jpg231761409t.jpg

Videos:

Availble for Pre-Order with bonus at:

? Available at Amazon.com- Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT in 2008.
? Available at Best Buy- BMW 1 Series M Coupe: Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.
? Available at GameStop- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde: The creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo and first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7L turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.
? Available at Wal-Mart- MINI John Cooper Works Clubman: MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to include 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
? Available at Target.com? Honda CR-Z EX: The Honda CR-Z EX is Honda?s sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16? wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals. *(Not yet available)
? Available at Play.com? No Pre-Order available yet.

Pre-Order Bonus & Limited Editions:
Rev up for the Limited Collector?s Edition
For ?Forza? fans who crave the VIP treatment, a Limited Collector?s Edition will also be available. Stay tuned for more details on the exclusive content the Limited Collector?s Edition will offer.

Be one of the first to purchase ?Forza Motorsport 4? and receive the ?Ship Bonus? car pack
A limited quantity of ?Forza Motorsport 4? games at retail will include an exclusive in-game car pack available at launch that boasts five incredible cars for fans to race, tune, paint and share. This car pack, limited to the first production run of ?Forza Motorsport 4? game discs, will include:

Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: Take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford?s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
Koenigsegg Agera 2011: ?The Agera--from the Swedish verb ?to act?--celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg?s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.?
Lexus SC300 1997: A classic personal luxury coup?, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225hp I6-powered engine.
RUF RGT-8 2011: The spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.

Prepare to hit the road in a Ferrari 458 Italia, the ?Forza Motorsport 4? cover car
Today Turn 10 Studios is also revealing that the cover car for the standard edition of ?Forza Motorsport 4? is the Ferrari 458 Italia. The Ferrari 458 Italia is an 8-cylinder two-seater berlinetta with a mid-rear mounted engine, and represents a genuine break with the past in terms of Maranello's previous high-performance sports cars. The Turn 10 team has worked closely with Ferrari to include every intricate detail of the Ferrari 458 Italia in the game, from its sleek aerodynamic design to its exquisitely modeled 4499 cc V8 engine, offering players the most realistic driving experience off the track.

?The Ferrari 458 Italia was a perfect fit for the ?Forza Motorsport 4? hero car. It has the ideal blend of style, creative flair, cutting-edge technology and power that makes it just as gorgeous to look at as it is thrilling to take to the track,? said Dan Greenawalt, creative director of Turn 10 Studios. ?We?ve worked closely with our partners at Ferrari to bring this amazing car to life in your living room.?

Get a head start on the competition with ?Profile Import?
For those who have invested tireless hours in ?Forza Motorsport 3?, Turn 10 Studios is pleased to announce a unique ?Forza Motorsport 4? feature called Profile Import, which rewards fans for their time. Based on your player level and the cars in your garage in ?Forza Motorsport 3?, gift cars will be automatically added to your ?Forza Motorsport 4? garage and you?ll also receive bonus gifts and credits. And for those who spent hours creating intricate layers and liveries in the ?Forza Motorsport 3? Livery Editor, you will be able to import those layers, so your time isn?t lost!

PreOrder News Link

Prices:
US: $59.96-$59.99
EU: ? 49.99 - ? **.99

Official Link: Forzamotorsport.net

It's times like this I wish I had a working Xbox 360 :(

This from Kotaku (click on pictures to embiggen):

Forza Motorsport 4: Five pre-order cars show off showroom shine

Three hits of news on the Forza 4 front today. First, Turn 10 Studios has revealed the official shot of the game box art. Second, they've announced that the "Hero car" for the game is the Ferrari 458 Italia. Third, they've announced the five pre-order cars ? along with "showroom" shots of each. I can't tell you more about this "showroom" function ? or even if it'll be called that in the game ? but I can say these are absolutely in-game renderings.

One of the five cars could be yours depending on where you decide to pre-order the game from.

So walk through our little showroom gallery above to see the cars and find out where you need to go to buy them. Here's a hint ? Best Buy. Because you know you want a BMW 1 M. Just sayin'...

xlarge_fm4_angled_box_rgb_preorder_1.jpg

xlarge_fm4_2011_subaru_imprezawrxsti_purple__preorder.jpg

xlarge_fm4_2011_bmw_1mcoupe_preorder.jpg

xlarge_fm4_2011_alfaromeo_giulietta_preorder.jpg

xlarge_fm4_2011_mini_clubman_preorder.jpg

xlarge_fm4_2011_honda_cr-z_preorder.jpg

Source: Kotaku

^ I'd like the BMW 1 Series M or Honda CR-Z EX. Wonder who the UK retailer will be for those two ....

I'm glad Turn 10 are adding smaller details to cars, such as having working mechanical vents/spoilers and the like (Y)

Here's the list of who's offering which car:

• Amazon.com- Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT in 2008.
  • Best Buy- BMW 1 Series M Coupe: Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.
  • GameStop- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde: The creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo and first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7L turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.
  • Wal-Mart- MINI John Cooper Works Clubman: MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to include 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
  • Target - Honda CR-Z EX: The Honda CR-Z EX is Honda?s sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16? wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals.

Source: G4

This and Skyrim are the two games I'm looking forward to this year.

Just hope somebody releases a decent wheel for a decent price when this gets released. Already on my 2nd Microsoft wheel (which is a refurbished unit as you just can't find them anymore). Why did Microsoft ever stop making these? Best wheel by far for the price.

Can't wait for this to come out. :D Love the box art too, but ruined by the 'Better than Kinect' ribbon thing xD

Awesome Game, have FM3, looking foward to the launch of this.

One small flaw on the box, where it says, 'Better with Kinect Sensor', it should read, 'More Gimmicky with Kinect Sensor' :D

People hating on the kinect ribbon, :p Come on, you don't have to use it if you don't want to. Nothing wrong with adding some extra functionality through kinect to a "hardcore" game of sorts as long as it's optional. I'm sure the headtracking wouldn't hurt either if done really well.

Awesome Game, have FM3, looking foward to the launch of this.

One small flaw on the box, where it says, 'Better with Kinect Sensor', it should read, 'More Gimmicky with Kinect Sensor' :D

Just wait until you try racing with Head tracking and you'll see what the "better with" really is.

Buying the game twice so I can get the BMW and the Subaru.... :heart:

I'm sure they'll be available as DLC down the line. Just pick the one you prefer and wait for the other one.

It's times like this I wish I had a working Xbox 360 :(

You can get one for as low as $100 these days - a friend got 4GB 360, extra controller, 3 months of XBL, $50 GC for a grand total of $199 (effective xbox price is ~$100)

There have been so many such offers in recent weeks, I wonder if MS is testing waters for an upcoming price cut (E3 ?). ;)

Edit: stupid me! You are based in UK. :blush:

Just wait until you try racing with Head tracking and you'll see what the "better with" really is.

Head Tracking is just another gimmick, IMO it does not add that significant value to the game, since you can effectively still move the 'head' around in FM3 without kinect.

How can Forza 4 be 'better' with the kinect, hoping there not getting rid of the realisticness of forza4 and focusing more on kinect, they should but you never know :(

How can Forza 4 be 'better' with the kinect, hoping there not getting rid of the realisticness of forza4 and focusing more on kinect, they should but you never know :(

Say you have a full great game. You have a bunch of cars, realistic driving, great online. Wow! It's a tremendous game. Well, worth getting it. But wait! They've added the ability to look at the cars in the showroom and interact with them using Kinect? That's better! The same great game is still there, they just added some features for Kinect users. I don't know why some people are so afraid of this. :blink:

Head Tracking is just another gimmick, IMO it does not add that significant value to the game, since you can effectively still move the 'head' around in FM3 without kinect.

You can move your head but the view doesn't change.

Yes you can move the head, but it's awkward and doesn't work very well.

do a youtube search for GTR+TrackIR, and see what head tracking does in a racing simulator. it allows you to properly look "into" corners, allowing you to take corners much better and have much better situational awareness.

So no head tracking isn't just a gimmick. it's a great extension to realistic racing sims. and one that will put you ahead of the curve of those that don't have it, much like driving with a wheel makes you much better than those racing with a pad.

Yes you can move the head, but it's awkward and doesn't work very well.

do a youtube search for GTR+TrackIR, and see what head tracking does in a racing simulator. it allows you to properly look "into" corners, allowing you to take corners much better and have much better situational awareness.

So no head tracking isn't just a gimmick. it's a great extension to realistic racing sims. and one that will put you ahead of the curve of those that don't have it, much like driving with a wheel makes you much better than those racing with a pad.

You are definitely correct on wheel vs pad part but somehow I am not just yet buying into the head tracking thing...

Pretty Nifty, but this same thing can be handled by the secondary stick, since Turn 10 can make the secondary one only for this purpose...