E3 2011: Silent Hill Collection (2&3 HD Remake), NGP Title Announced

Konami's pre-E3 show pulls back the curtain on three different Silent Hill releases coming down the pipeline.

For the nostalgic, Konami has bundled Silent Hill 2 and 3 into an HD package called Silent Hill Collection. These two titles are getting the high-definition upgrade, so a whole new audience can enjoy these horror classics. No release date has been announced.

Exclusively for the new NGP handheld from Sony, Konami is developing Silent Hill: Book of Memories. They did not reveal any details about this handheld horror. A disclaimer over the game's logo states "This game has not been concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment of America."

The biggest focus of Konami's Silent Hill presentation shows off Silent Hill: Downpour. This new entry into the series follows Murphy Pendleton, a prisoner who escapes a wrecked bus and finds himself stranded in Silent Hill. A new trailer shows off the eerie additions to this new title, including the creepy mailman who helps direct Murphy through the town and the mystery.

Without spoiling more, check out the Silent Hill segment of the presentation:

Silent Hill: Downpour is scheduled for release this winter.

Keep an eye on IGN.com during E3 next week for more details on these Konami projects.

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1172284p1.html

Downpour looks ****, but 2 & 3 HD remakes? Yes please!

**** Yeah! To this day 2 is still one of the absolute creepiest games I have ever played. Just something as simple as walking through the fog with the static, there has literally not been any experience quite like it.

**** Yeah! To this day 2 is still one of the absolute creepiest games I have ever played. Just something as simple as walking through the fog with the static, there has literally not been any experience quite like it.

I can safely say I will never get this collection, I just couldn't handle SH2 when I was younger, and I'm much more of a ***** these days, lol.

There's a scene in 2 when

you're in the hotel and you walk past an adjacent hall way and there's a quick camera turn and Pyramid Head is just standing behind bars looking at you completely motionless.

Creepy creepy game.

Definitely the series peak, I enjoyed 3 as well, then 4 was starting to get mediocre.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess these won't ever make their way onto the pc? Or remain ps2 games for that matter?

I really liked 1, 2, and 3, but 4 was just meh. It didn't have the Silent Hill "feel" to it. I also never finished Origins either.

While this is exciting, the original Silent Hill is in more dire need of a remake, I think...

While this is exciting, the original Silent Hill is in more dire need of a remake, I think...

I'm just wondering why they didn't use Shattered Memories. Would be a prime candidate for Move support.