AT&T Hiding iPhone 4 Ahead of iPhone 5 Launch?

"The iPhone 4 is AT&T?s hottest selling smartphone. So why is the wireless carrier hiding Apple?s iPhone 4 on ATTWireless.com? It is likely that AT&T is pulling the iPhone 4 out of the spotlight ahead of an iPhone 5 announcement that may occur at WWDC on Monday.

AT&T was the exclusive iPhone 4 wireless carrier from June 24, 2010 through February 2011, when Verizon began selling a CDMA version of the iPhone 4. AT&T has promoted the iPhone 4 heavily on its website and in advertisements for the better part of the year. AT&T?s and Apple?s efforts have paid off and the iPhone 4 is AT&T?s best selling phone.

But you wouldn?t know that by visiting the recently refreshed ATT.com. Rather than showcasing the iPhone 4 and making it easy for visitors to buy the device, AT&T has all but hidden the iPhone 4 from view."

screenshot20110604at122.png

More @ http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/06/04/att-hiding-iphone-4-ahead-of-iphone-5-launch/

AT&T hiding hot selling black iPhone 4: http://www.att.com/global-search/search.jsp?App_ID=HOME&autoSuggest=&tabPressed=FALSE&q=iPhone

That doesnt make any sense why they would pull the iPhone 4. Surely they would want to sell as many as they could before iPhone 5 so they can stiff people for early termination fees if they want to upgrade to iPhone 5.

That doesnt make any sense why they would pull the iPhone 4. Surely they would want to sell as many as they could before iPhone 5 so they can stiff people for early termination fees if they want to upgrade to iPhone 5.

Perhaps to avoid every man and their dog sending back their iPhone 4 for the 5?

Like the article says, the iPhone 4is a very hot selling item. Why waste advertisement on something that doesn't need it? Much better to clear out the 3Gs' they have in stock.

Yeah. They need to clear out the iPhone 3GS stock.

Apple already said that iOS 5 will support "the same devices as the last release".... which includes the iPhone 3GS.

I just checked att wireless page...the iphone 4 is on the smartphone section down toward the bottom. It's not hidden at all.

Yes I can confirm this. Not hidden... still on the web store...

They don't hide them ... they are featuring the advertisements for 3GS for low price which they want to get rid of them from their stock.

All I see they have at the store are: white/black iPhone 3GS, 4... in varies of sizes such as 16, 32, 64 gb.... some of them are refurb.

I just checked att wireless page...the iphone 4 is on the smartphone section down toward the bottom. It's not hidden at all.

Yep. Just saw it there myself. They are probably just trying to clear 3G stock.