Comex's iPad 2 Jailbreak incoming!

As some of you may know, Comex has been hard at work on the iPad 2 Jailbreak, which is just a PDF exploit.

If you go to JailbreakMe.com, you'll notice that it now says "We'll be back soon!"... which just came up about an hour or so ago.

The site is not down, as you can still go to JailbreakMe.com/star/ and get the old Jailbreak for other iOS devices. So this can only mean one thing! Jailbreakme 3.0 is on the way!

70Zbb.png

nice, i just checked it out, looks like the jibberish in the background has been changed to that

Yep, which means its very very close! I need WINTERBOARD damnit! lol

Fail. That link wasnt the real ih8sn0w :(

comex knows his **** and he isn't a complete jackass attention ###### like some people...

What are you two talking about?

He actually jailbroke the iPad 2 on day 1 from thousands of miles away :p

TBH, I believe he was just sitting on the jailbreak, much like they did with the iPod touch jailbreak, because of the bootrom. If Apple isn't aware there is a pretty big exploit, it's unlikely that they will do a hardware patch to seal this in the next iPhone release.

Because the iPad 2 uses the same processor (rumored btw) as the next iPhone, why release a jailbreak for the iPad 2 which isn't nearly as popular as the iPhone will be? These holes are extremely hard to find, as we've all sat here waiting weeks or months for the jailbreak team to crack into these devices. it's even more rare to find a PDF exploit that allows any device to be jailbroken through a web browser lol.

He actually jailbroke the iPad 2 on day 1 from thousands of miles away :p

TBH, I believe he was just sitting on the jailbreak, much like they did with the iPod touch jailbreak, because of the bootrom. If Apple isn't aware there is a pretty big exploit, it's unlikely that they will do a hardware patch to seal this in the next iPhone release.

Because the iPad 2 uses the same processor (rumored btw) as the next iPhone, why release a jailbreak for the iPad 2 which isn't nearly as popular as the iPhone will be? These holes are extremely hard to find, as we've all sat here waiting weeks or months for the jailbreak team to crack into these devices. it's even more rare to find a PDF exploit that allows any device to be jailbroken through a web browser lol.

Well, if you read his jailbreakme site, he's been working on an iPad 2 jailbreak since August of 2010. LOL

Also, It's not rare for PDF exploit through a browser, this is exactly what Jailbreakme 2.0 did.

He's going to release it, as there has already been leaked versions of unfinished jailbreaks floating around, with video proof.

Leaked versions fail on my wife's iPad 2. I told her to just wait for the official release. Comex is twittering saying that in order to get the jailbreak out faster it's just going to be for 4.3.3 and said to upgrade to 4.3.3 while you still can.

Leaked versions fail on my wife's iPad 2. I told her to just wait for the official release. Comex is twittering saying that in order to get the jailbreak out faster it's just going to be for 4.3.3 and said to upgrade to 4.3.3 while you still can.

Yeah the jailbreak went live about 25 minutes ago, but was pulled down due to a website caching error? Every time I clicked on "Install" It gave me an error about wrong file type... so just waiting for him to fix that issue.

Edit: Jailbreakme.com is live and able to JB the iPad 2, 4.3.3! Works like a charm, I just installed Cydia, and I just installed Winterboard, gonna attempt to install SBSettings again, but so far no issue!

Yeah the jailbreak went live about 25 minutes ago, but was pulled down due to a website caching error? Every time I clicked on "Install" It gave me an error about wrong file type... so just waiting for him to fix that issue.

Edit: Jailbreakme.com is live and able to JB the iPad 2, 4.3.3! Works like a charm, I just installed Cydia, and I just installed Winterboard, gonna attempt to install SBSettings again, but so far no issue!

Awesome, looks like the wife will have a good day when I wake her up to jailbreak her iPad 2!