Though very retarded and disorganized, creating a clean install without installing Snow Leopard first is fairly simple.
To download OSX Lion you do have to do it from a computer with Snow Leopard 10.6.6 and above (due to the app store condition). Lion will not be distributed on the physical media or anywhere else. (One of the ways how Apple wants to make everyone use Mac App Store).
So, once you download OSX Lion it will automatically start the installation procedure.. before you click anything:
1. Go To Applications and find a filename called Install Mac OSX Lion.
2. Back That file to a hard drive or wherever just you have a copy so you can make a new DVD or USB when you need it
3. Now you need to right click on the above mentioned file and select Show File Contents
4. You will go into Contents folder and then Shared Resources and located a file called InstallESD
5. You can either burn this InstallESD.dmg with the Disk Utility but Lion installation from DVD drive can take forever. So it is recommended to use the USB stick.
To use USB Stick you will do the following in Disk Utility:
A) Locate USB stick on the left
B) Select it to be active
C) Click on the right side to RESTORE tab
D) Drag the InstallESD.dmg to the SOURCE textbox and drag the USB source to DESTINATION textbox, so it looks like this:
E) Hit Restore and wait until it's done
When it's done your USB stick is ready to be used as startup and install for OSX lion
6) Boot your Mac and hold the ALT key to pick the boot source
7) Choose your DVD with Lion or USB stick and you are on your way
There you go.