Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xoligy

Buying in the us and shipping to uk

17 posts in this topic

Hey all sorry to bother you but i just wondered would if anyone had any experience in doing this? Mainly with computer parts as i would like to upgrade my computer and from what i can gather (without shipping fees so far) it seems i can get better parts a little cheaper as you will see below i have just never used anything like this before so wondering if i am saving or not lol

Here are the parts i would of got from overclockers which is a bundle:

- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 Hex Core 1055T 2.80GHz

- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M68MT-S2 (Socket AM3) DDR3 Motherboard

- RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel

Cost:

Does newegg even ship to the UK ?

Don't forget VAT if it all comes in one package.

VAT applies per item if it's not in one package

@Detection - No new egg does not deliver to the UK its only USA and Puerto Rico i'll explain more in a second.

@Jakem1 & Cooky560 - This is something i need help understanding.

Ok here is the plan, first i was going to set up an account with http://bongous.com "PACKAGE AND MAIL FORWARDING SERVICES - When you get a US address and EU address from Bongo you can shop USA and shop EU websites. Packages are sent to your Bongo address for forwarding to your country."

Now according to that website, i can make multiple orders and let them know there will be a delivery to them, they then put all the items into one box to help keep the costs lower (Consolidate shipments)

Example: consolidation_example.jpg

Now of cause i dont know how to actually work out the tax but im guessing it would be this page: https://bongous.com/shipping-rates.php this is why i need help im no good when it comes to working things out specially money to me its here today gone tomorrow wow had a great time! lol Im guessing i wouldnt see much saved though.

No, that's just the shipping price.

Customs would want your back pocket also..

ok thanks for the info much appreciated!

VAT is 20%, so add 20% to the total price of whatever it is and that's your tax, VAT is also payable on services, so the shipping is taxable also.

So if your newegg total is $400 and your courier wants $100 thats $500 and VAT would be $100 (20% of $500) making the total $600

You have to pay DHL

Tbh ive just been looking around overclockers is about a 10minute drive, but may use scan or aria their prices seemed a little better than ebuyer never thought about play or amazon will check them too!

Thanks to everyone that replied i thought i was getting a decent deal but after tax and shipping comes out worse it seems.

Tbh ive just been looking around overclockers is about a 10minute drive, but may use scan or aria their prices seemed a little better than ebuyer never thought about play or amazon will check them too!

Thanks to everyone that replied i thought i was getting a decent deal but after tax and shipping comes out worse it seems.

You can get free next day delivery with Scan if your a member of AV Forums. ;) Plus they use DPD who give an estimate delivery time.

Not worth it really, Better off buying from overclockers.co.uk or the likes. By the time you have paid for the shipping, import tax etc (I have had to pay it 2 out of 3 times, even if they were sent as gifts) It just isn't worth it.

NewEgg has United States | Canada | China. They need to add a Europe site too like in Germany with an English option or something.

Do people have to pay a vat tax in the uk if shipped from Europe? If they do then a shipping warehouse in England would be good so the UKers can avoid the VAT.

You can get free next day delivery with Scan if your a member of AV Forums. ;) Plus they use DPD who give an estimate delivery time.

Thanks for that, is there any catch minimum posts etc etc?

Not worth it really, Better off buying from overclockers.co.uk or the likes. By the time you have paid for the shipping, import tax etc (I have had to pay it 2 out of 3 times, even if they were sent as gifts) It just isn't worth it.

Yeh i see that now i didnt realise had to pay tax on top of that, i used the overclockers site because they are close to me but if im honest i do try and avoid buying from them unless i really need the parts that instant they are more expensive and support is a joke on top of that since they moved its abit of a pain.

NewEgg has United States | Canada | China. They need to add a Europe site too like in Germany with an English option or something.Do people have to pay a vat tax in the uk if shipped from Europe? If they do then a shipping warehouse in England would be good so the UKers can avoid the VAT.

Would be nice, just depends on if the prices were still so competitive all i ever see amercians talk about is newegg or possibly tigerdirect.

Holy batman thread Necro. Then again seems like another 1 post wonder advertising his failed startup -,-

Seeing as mods removed the necro post, I thought I'd shed more light on importing from the USA to UK. Lets take for example the Intel i5 3570k

Newegg has this for $219.99 with free delivery (At the current exchange rate this is