Overcloking and Undervolting AMD A6 3410MX APU LLano

I put this because I don't see it very often on google, in fact took me a while to know it.

I'm right now a very proud owner of a DV6-6110sg HP laptop, it came with the llano A6 3410MX. By obvious reasons AMD didn't allow to overclock this processor since it's a mobile chip, but it seems that is more software limited than hardware because if one uses K10STAT... well, see the picture by yourself, I literally transformed my processor into an A8 3530MX.

This computer came also with the discrete graphics Radeon HD 6750m (which can be hybrid crossfired with the already integrated in the APU Radeon HD 6520G) and 6 GB DDR3 1333 of RAM

In this configuration with the prime95 software on 4 threads torture test I got 1.9 ghz @ 65? and with 3 threads 1.9 ghz and constant jumps up to 2.6 ghz @ 67?

This laptop can easily play crysis 2 with crossfire on Direct X9 mode using the latest graphic driver from HP, gives high frame rates (don't know exactly but I dare to say above 60) on 1024x600 VSYNC OFF and everything else on high, FPS are lost but not too dramatically going up to the max resolution in this laptop (1366x768), if Direct X 11 is enabled though performance get's considerable slower (and while it's playable I just like to be as fast as I can) NOT TESTED YET WITH OC.

Allow me to point that the review given here http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-Pavilion-dv6-6110eg-Llano-Notebook.57360.0.html is totally wrong and misleading, it really made me fell bad, then it came... ran crysis 2 and went smoothly, then I overclocked and felt quite powerfull :D

This laptop is true a "liberation" for me since I haven't had such undervolting and overclocking freedom before, and for the price... (600 euro here on germany, but I have seen that same quantity in dollars) is a considerable good laptop for gaming and normal multimedia program execution.

Right now hearing a FLAC file, having Adobe Reader X minimized, as well as powerpoint and processor on desktop and firefox with 3 tabs I don't get up more than 800 mhz and one processor show peaks of 50-60~ percentage usage, the others remain between 1-30~ average is on 4% for all cores).

Feel free to ask any questions, I really enjoy this laptop and I feel that AMD is doing really good this time :)

(For the Aluminum fans finish out there... yeah, it has a lot of aluminum in the keyboard base and on the top cover, and the finish is quite nice I must say)

I wonder if OS X modified would work in this laptop...

Update: Did some test with the GPU Tool stressing the APU integrated graphics and Prime95 stressing the processor:

Temperature: 72-73? constant (Fan third speed kicks in and doesn't lets the temp go up, I consider this good since my last processor was a Turion TL-58 and ran without undervolt at 76?)

FPS: 17... (but oh well, it?s the integrated APU against a stress test :p)

CPU: 1.9 GHz @ 1.000v

Now with this I assure myself that I'm not gonna burn my processor with the default cooling and it actually remains cooler than with default settings :D

post-320118-0-29094000-1312217147.jpg

• 2 months later...