About to reinstall Windows - how do I not lose my iPhone apps?

I want to reinstall Windows and be able to sync my iPhone afterwards without iTunes removing all my iPhone apps.

I guess essentially I want to backup the apps that are stored on my PC so I can add them back the iTunes library after I reformat so that iTunes doesn't wipe my iPhone.

How can I prepare to do this?

Either copy the entire iTunes folder off your computer (the one where apps are stored) and place it in the same place when you reinstall iTunes after the reformat,

or,

you could transfer all your purchases to the iPhone, when you reinstall iTunes set 'do not sync iPhones automatically', then go log in your Apple ID and authorize the computer (you should have 5 per ID) then go to File and 'Transfer purchases from the iPhone'.

Either copy the entire iTunes folder off your computer (the one where apps are stored) and place it in the same place when you reinstall iTunes after the reformat,

or,

you could transfer all your purchases to the iPhone, when you reinstall iTunes set 'do not sync iPhones automatically', then go log in your Apple ID and authorize the computer (you should have 5 per ID) then go to File and 'Transfer purchases from the iPhone'.

Many thanks, I appreciate it loads!