^^ this.

Grab the Signature Edition in the US, it's mostly the same. Buying new from Gamestop gets a free upgrade to Signature Edition anyway.

Also:

[media]

[media]

http://www.gameblurb...details-leaked/

For those who didn?t know or who may have forgotten, the release of Assassin?s Creed: Revelations is coming in 14 days (have you picked which one of the many special editions you will be purchasing?). The lead writer, Darby McDevitt, has been doing some interviews over the past few weeks to hype up the game, but so far little he has opened up about has been all that new or exciting?that is, until now.

For the most part, McDevitt has been talking about new game play elements and some story lines that have been very well broadcast over the past months, but in the most recent interview, he goes into greater detail about the most mysterious assassin: Desmond.

-On Desmond?s role in Revelations: Through a series of uniquely surreal game play moments, players will have the chance to learn more about the previous 10 years of Desmond?s life ? how he grew up on an Assassin compound, how he ran away from his parents, and how he found a job as a bartender in a major metropolis?

-On Desmond?s role in future games: Revelations is not the concluding chapter of the Assassins Creed franchise? it is only the end of Ezio and Altair?s stories. Desmond?s story will continue at some point, in some fashion.

Catch that last part? Is it possible that Assassin?s Creed 3 will focus on a secondary modern day assassin along side Desmond? Perhaps AC3 will bypass the Desmond storyline all together in favor of giving the storyline to another assassin while giving Desmond a little breather? Have your own ideas about where the story should go? Try emailing McDevitt, since he admits: ?? I do not know what the future of the series holds. Your guess is as good as mine.?

I need to get my hands on the Collector's Edition for PC! (Y)

Registered with Amazon's notification service!

Will pre-demo it on my 360 though!

Oh the glory of AC - one of the best game series EVER.

Glassed Silver:mac

So psyched for this game, just two more weeks! It's one of the few games I have ever pre-ordered and the 15th can't come soon enough :jump:

My goty and my favourite game series of this generation.

I'm not a history fan but i love reading all the database entries in the game and finding interesting facts out.

I have the Animus edition pre-ordered at the ubishop (only place to get the animus edition), never got anything from there hopefully they'll deliver on time.

@soniqstylz, I think we'll know by the end of the this game where the series will go next. Unless something big happens at the end of Revelations then i think we'll see Desmond back in AC3. That doesn't mean a spin-off title will come out.

Woo the Animus Edition was despatched today :)

Roll on Tuesday. I may even have the Wednesday off to play it.

Skyrim and Assassin's Creed Revelations

Good time to be a gamer? ... yes.

IGN gave it an 8.5. While I have never gotten into this series(I really want to, love history) this review seemed pretty poor. All he does is praise the game and then bam one bad mode and its a 8.5. With today's inflated review scores and developers using them I don't like when this happens.

Played for a couple of hours and first impressions is clearly it is classic Assassins's Creed with some new gameplay elements. I read a few reviews and they all say the same thing it is the same game we've had the past few years. While true the main game seems to the same trusted gameplay, Ubisoft always add new elements each iteration (Assassin Training) and build on the current feature set also.

Den defence seems ok. A bit odd to see this type of gameplay in an AC game but it doesn't seem too complicated that it will push people away from it. I believe later on once you have some master assassins they will take care of this for you anyway.

The next new big new change is a spoiler so i'll leave it for now than explain it, as everyone should visit it quite early on.

Story so far so good. I'm already getting ideas to some plot twists later down the line.

Also the encycopedia you get with the Animus edition is really cool. If you're interested in AC lore then it is worth picking up. i believe ubishop is selling the white edition of it. Like the Embers short film, i would wait till you completed the game to read it.

I'm very biased towards this game series as it is my favourite series since Shenmue. So i won't give my opinion on what i think of the reviews.

I really don't like Den defense. I was able to finally win two but naturally the enemies become progressively harder to defeat, but that huge cannon thing? Just a tad bit ridiculous on how difficult it is to defeat it, especially when it seems my cannon shots have no effect or out right miss it. Cannon is aimed directly on top of the soldiers, perfect hit. On top of whatever device they're pushing? Sails wide and appears to have no effect, and I can't figure out why. By far the most annoying thing in this game and poorly executed.

Beyond that huge frustration, I'm enjoying the game. Love the hook blade and so far the story seems solid, though I've been spending most of my time overtaking Templar Dens, training my assassins and renovating stuff. Can't wait to get back to it.

I managed to lock all my dens out now!

Only managed to suffer 2 den defence games. I am trying to hit every diversion before going into the main story. I will probably be slightly overpowered but still :laugh:

Loving the game.

I managed to lock all my dens out now!

Only managed to suffer 2 den defence games. I am trying to hit every diversion before going into the main story. I will probably be slightly overpowered but still :laugh:

Loving the game.

That's how I approach it as well. It allows me to learn the game before trying to accomplish the story. I also enjoy walking everywhere to add to the awesome this game is. It becomes such an amazing experience when you move around as a real assassin would and only kill when it is necessary to do so. You'd be surprised how much the game can reward that sort of play over the barging in and killing everything approach.

I definitely plan on playing this game sooner than later, really enjoyed all of the previous games in the series. Was hoping to rent it from Gamefly but it looks like that is not happening, so going to see what is up with getting in from Amazon for tomorrow or Monday (I have off all next week).

Ordered it from Amazon, have Amazon Prime so 1 day shipping is $4, still paid less for it then if I went into Best Buy and purchased it. Now hopefully I have some time to play it next week. :laugh:

About to check this game out finally, I had no clue it supported 3D, and Ars Technica claims it is the best 3D so far in a video game.

I've played a majority of the stereoscopic 3D games available and Revelations is the best I've seen. Usually playing a game in 3D results in sacrifices in visual fidelity, as fine details melt away and jagged edges appear on what should be straight lines. Not here. Climbing to the top the Galata Tower and looking down induced a sense of vertigo and brief nausea I haven't felt since climbing the Agency Tower in Crackdown. 3D makes finding your way up spires easier, as every brick and detail juts out of the background at you.

Will report back and let you know if I agree. So far I have had very mixed results with 3D games, so I will definitely be approaching it with a critical eye.

Yeah, the 3D is good. Real good actually. As Ars said, probably the best video game 3D to date. Unbelievably there is no apparent frame rate loss, and no jaggies at all. Ubisoft must know some tricks about 3D, as no other game really looks this good visually when 3D is enabled. And although it is a very small thing, I love the fact 3D can be enabled or disabled right from the game itself. Almost every other game out there you have to go back to the games Main Menu to change the 3D settings. This game you can do it while playing. Real nice to finally have that feature. The 3D is also not over the top, in fact it is very subtle. I think that is what makes it so successful. There is no doubt depth to it, but it is not gimmicky if that makes any sense. Like it is not stretched out or unrealistically portrayed. It is just tastefully done. Hard to fully explain, but to those that have either a 3D TV or Nvidia Vision on their PC, I definitely say to check the game out in 3D if you have the opportunity.

As far as the game itself. Just classic AC, which is a good thing. I love the fact it seems that all the weapons will be accessible much earlier on than in the previous games. I am early on in Sequence 2 and just fully enjoying myself, as I always do with the AC games. Very happy I decided to purchase the game and play it over Arkham City. I may actually go back to Arkham City one day soon, but for now I have chosen AC:Revelations as my semi open-world run around rooftops like a bad ass game to play. :laugh: