Best email client for Windows?

I've got too many accounts on different servers (personal, work, school, etc) and I'm wondering which client is the best one to handle different servers in a very simple manner. I heard about Thunderbird being a good one but are there better ones out there?

Thanks

MS Outlook 2010, hands down the best*.

* Remember that "best" is relative so my best might not be your best... Or better said, it is an opinion :)

Thunderbird 3 was nice. I quit using on version 5. Not sure how it is now. Evolution is good, also. For free, those are about the best, in my opinion. I used to use Outlook before switching to GMail. I really liked it, but I like having anywhere access better. I know I can download and keep on server, but it's just easier using the web interface for, at least.

Thunderbird 3 was nice. I quit using on version 5. Not sure how it is now. Evolution is good, also. For free, those are about the best, in my opinion. I used to use Outlook before switching to GMail. I really liked it, but I like having anywhere access better. I know I can download and keep on server, but it's just easier using the web interface for, at least.

Yea if you are lucky enough to have Exchange 2010 access you can get access to Outlook everywhere. It is quite nice as I prefer to have a desktop client when at home. The web is only good in a pinch.

I'm using Outlook 2010 at the moment.

I find it a lot better for handling the thousands of emails I have in each of my accounts :\

I get a lot of emails :(

I also use it with the social connector for my hotmail accounts.

just stay away from Incredimail :p

lol but in all seriousness I've used Outlook 2010 since it RTM'd and it's been the best for me

Outlook is the industry standard, however you could also take a look at Postbox. Some reviews have called it Thunderbird on steroids. :)

Postbox isn't free though, 1 license costs around $30.

It depends on what accounts you have.

I'm sure Outlook 2010 is great for Exchange servers and corporate environments, but the Hotmail connector was buggy (might be better now though), there was no single "unified" inbox of unread emails from across your accounts, and the calendar sidebar only displayed events from your primary calendar. It did have tasks which WLMail lacked.

Otherwise, Windows Live Mail gets the job done nicely. I have four accounts on there: personal Live account, old Hotmail account, university IMAP account, and Neowin's staff mail. I also find junk filtering better than Outlook's.

Thunderbird's very fast at sending and receiving emails, but from what I gathered via screenshots, its interface is a bit of a mess. At least it integrates into Windows Desktop Search.

If you can get Windows Mail to work on Windows 7, then I would recommend it. It's not exactly the most full-featured but the UI is pretty decent and it's lightweight (I prefer it over Live Mail's ribbon UI). If you want the most full-featured client with the most abundant customizability, features and addons, Outlook is hard to beat. There's also the relatively unknown Zimbra Desktop that's good.

I like Thunderbird myself.

I just checked out that eM Client that was mentioned previously. Always hate when they add stipulations!!

"After our 14 days free trial you may decide to use eM Client FREE license or upgrade to PRO version at any time."

Pure personal preference of course as there's a bunch of good ones. For me, Outlook 2010 easily. Before 2010 I was using Thunderbird (2007's was a little quirky) but the 2010 edition pushed it over the top for me, that and major annoyance with Thunderbird's 3's interface. Like the features, hate the UI.

Pure personal preference of course as there's a bunch of good ones. For me, Outlook 2010 easily. Before 2010 I was using Thunderbird (2007's was a little quirky) but the 2010 edition pushed it over the top for me, that and major annoyance with Thunderbird's 3's interface. Like the features, hate the UI.

agreed, I have no idea what Mozilla was thinking when they decided on that UI

I use outlook only because Quickbooks 2008 removed the option to email invoices directly from quickbooks. Although removed they still make a new email for you in your email application and attach the invoice. Problem is it only works with outlook. So I use outlook for that and Thunderbird for everything else via pop3 to my main Gmail account. That way I have a physical email backup on my computer and a backup on gmails server.

I generally do not use email clients as i handle all my mail through gmail. however, at work I am using Outlook 2010 and it is rather amazing.

I have an office 365 account for my personal email so that uses exchange 2010, then my University email is hosted on Exchange 2007. I access both of these accounts through Microsoft Outlook 2010, lets me see the shared calendars right on the front page and easily manage all email.