graphiccard

Hello i am buying a new graphic card to play battefield 3 , my geforce 9800 gtx is starting to lag.

i have been researching and i have found 2 cards but i dont know which one to buy mybe someone can help me pick one, i want to get the best fps and best performance.

these are the cards:

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Classified 1280MB

Or

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2560MB GDDR5

The prices are nearly the same so that's why im a bit confused on wich one to buy.

ye but the EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Classified 1280MB has Core Clock: 822MHz and the EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2560MB GDDR5 has Core Clock: 732MHz is there any difference in performance?

Get the GTX 570 HD and you can do a slight overclock if you want. It probably won't make a huge difference though.

The extra memory on the HD will be worth it.

I thought vRAM was basically a waste over 1GB as basically nothing uses that much? I'd get the 1GB version with the higher clock to boot and enjoy. Surely you can always overclock but for me, i rather buy what I need than cheap out :D

[putting on flame suit for that one :rofl: ]

If you are going to be running at a high resolution, definitely go with the 2.5GB one. I'd go with that one either way, and if you are concerned about the clocks, just OC the 2.5GB one.

Welcome to the forums.

the classified one says it has a higher clock speed but I see no special cooling features over the HD card. so basically it will just run a bit hotter or louder as the fan will work harder to counter the extra heat. If you OC the card yourself, you will get the same results. You can't just add more memory by yourself so that's why everyone is recommending that you get the one with higher memory.

also what are the other system specs? this upgrade may not achieve the results you are looking for!

Welcome to the forums.

the classified one says it has a higher clock speed but I see no special cooling features over the HD card. so basically it will just run a bit hotter or louder as the fan will work harder to counter the extra heat. If you OC the card yourself, you will get the same results. You can't just add more memory by yourself so that's why everyone is recommending that you get the one with higher memory.

also what are the other system specs? this upgrade may not achieve the results you are looking for!

Intel core 2 Quad q9550 @ 2.83 ghz

4gb ddr3 ram

How much are they?

Personally I have a Gigabyte GTX 570 Super Overclock edition with the Windforce 3X cooler. It's much quieter than stock, and it runs very cool. It's also one of the highest clocked cards from the factory.

youll get mroe use out of the extra memory buffer when you will the clock speeds imo