Are You Canadian? How's Your Money?

Got 4 last night... They're pretty neat but it will take some time getting used to when lower bills are like that too (very slipery...I could see myself whipping out a bunch of $5 or something when trying to get one)

Bank of England still swears by paper money. I'm fed up of seeing tatty, falling to pieces money.

maybe we should start a campaign to start making money go all rubbish... like, rub it in mud, tear bits of it and such. Then get it exchanged at the bank and they'll soon realise they need to do something.

I wish people would stop calling money "paper", it's not been made of wood fibres for decades! It's 100% cotton, and there is no wood fibre in US or Canadian currency at all.

I wish people would stop calling money "paper", it's not been made of wood fibres for decades! It's 100% cotton, and there is no wood fibre in US or Canadian currency at all.

They call it how it feels.

Im poor so chances of me getting a 100$ bill are pretty slim. I honestly didn't even know that our bills were changing to plastic. I knew a bunch of our coins were getting new designs (To Represent the National Parks), as there are commercials on TV for them.

You guys only just getting plastic money? :p

At least we have coloured bills and not a stack of boring greens. :whistle:

I would like the U.S. follow on those steps.

I hope the US doesn't follow suit. Plastic never bio degrades... And all currency doesn't make its way back to the Federal Reserve to be "recycled"...

I hope the US doesn't follow suit. Plastic never bio degrades... And all currency doesn't make its way back to the Federal Reserve to be "recycled"...

Currency is not supposed to be bio degradable, it should last as long as possible. When purposely destroying currency to make way for new currency, it is 100% recyclable.

Currency is not supposed to be bio degradable, it should last as long as possible. When purposely destroying currency to make way for new currency, it is 100% recyclable.

I disagree. Currency should have an "service life" and it should biodegrade after that point. Meaning, a bill should be able to last, say, 100 years (just a number I made up for sake of discussion) and after that it should start to decompose. The bill shouldn't be around in 50 million years when the nation it represents has long been forgotten.