Hate BlackBerries? You're probably misinformed

I laugh at people who have flac on thier phones and listen with cheap earbuds or 20 dollar headphones.... it's just a HUGE waste of space on the SD card and prolly a little more drain on the battery.

Hell, I laugh at anyone who honestly believes that ANY normal human can tell the difference between a decently encoded MP3 or AAC file and a lossless file without looking at a spectrum analyzer. Placebo effect at its best!!

Sorry but BBerry is doomed. RIM was the lazy one resting on its laurels for too long, supported by those who it was 'good enough' for. The Torch doesn't hold a candle to any modern smartphone. Messaging? Again, BES is doomed too. Activesync support is just too common now to justify cumbersome additional infrastructure. As for the devices, the lack of good cap, tiny screens, and an archaic control mechansim and UI seals the deal. And frankly, the keyboard isn't that good either, give me an iOS or WP7 on-screen any day.

iphone user here, disliked blackberry myself, but after a while noticed that the qwerty pad, battery life and design wasn't so bad afterall! definately going to jump from the iphone camp, they are getting too expensive and definately overhyped to infinity by every moron i meet.

• Like 2

Huh? Every other platform (other than iOS) has numerous phones with physical buttons and keyboards. It seems like every Android phone out there (especially those made by HTC) come in both a model without a keyboard and a model with some sort of keyboard (some are sliders, others have keyboards below the screen like BBs).

Hmm. I will freely admit that may be the case, I haven't paid as much attention to what's out there now since I am happy with mine (a Bold 9780) and work pays for it anyway. But everybody I know who is getting new phones has a touchscreen, and half of them complain about how hard it is to use for texting (have to look at the screen) or accidentally hanging up on people when talking since their finger/face/whatever brushes against the screen and touches the 'end call' button. I figured if they had more options, they wouldn't have gotten the touchscreen, hence my statement. Sorry if that was wrong.

• Like 1

or accidentally hanging up on people when talking since their finger/face/whatever brushes against the screen and touches the 'end call' button.

I really don't understand how that could happen with most smartphones since nearly every one I've seen has a proximity sensor that turns the touchscreen (and the display usually) off when it is near your face. They must be buying the cheapest POS (not point of sale, the other POS) phones they can find.

Yea, Im misinformed. Just like the "certified geek" friend of my pal on Facebook who tried to convince me I dont know what Im talking about saying the iPhone is ****. I love it when people try to pass off opinions as fact.

Yea, Im misinformed. Just like the "certified geek" friend of my pal on Facebook who tried to convince me I dont know what Im talking about saying the iPhone is ****. I love it when people try to pass off opinions as fact.

You friend was just giving the iPhone 4 stars.