• This topic is locked This topic is locked
553 replies to this topic

#406 +Medfordite

Medfordite

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Axiom

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:00

Oddly, over the years, my hearing tastes have changed. When I was in my 20's and Early 30's (Almost 40 now), if I heard something that came out of laptop speakers, tiny cheap speakers, or poor quality speakers, I would turn it off, or do everything in my power to fix the sound. I even used to run an 8 channel sound mixer and sometimes 16 channel for my church back then and always had postive feedback on how good it sounded.

Now days, I guess I have older and probably more used to lesser quality sound, because I will sometimes find myself happy to just have any music coming out of 'tin can' speakers not to say though that I don't appreciate good sound. :)

-------------
Dot Matrix - your accent lighting is pretty cool! What are you using to do this?

#407 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:05

Oddly, over the years, my hearing tastes have changed. When I was in my 20's and Early 30's (Almost 40 now), if I heard something that came out of laptop speakers, tiny cheap speakers, or poor quality speakers, I would turn it off, or do everything in my power to fix the sound. I even used to run an 8 channel sound mixer and sometimes 16 channel for my church back then and always had postive feedback on how good it sounded.

Now days, I guess I have older and probably more used to lesser quality sound, because I will sometimes find myself happy to just have any music coming out of 'tin can' speakers not to say though that I don't appreciate good sound. :)

Guess I'm still in my 20's... will give you feedback at 40's!

#408 Gabotrilius

Gabotrilius

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5 16GB

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:17

I forgot about good speakers when I got my first laptop. I just press Play and, if I want to, just use the headphones, which are very good. If I'm working or something, the music just come from the tiny speakers of my 13 inch MacBook Pro.

#409 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:19

I can hear beyond normal frequencies.... on the upper end around 28khz-32Khz.

#410 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Phone: Android

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:27

-------------
Dot Matrix - your accent lighting is pretty cool! What are you using to do this?

I'm the other way around, as I get older (40) sound quality is becoming more important, it's so bad I rather watch a movie on my PC than the TV because for now my PC speakers are tons better than the builtin crappy speakers on our TV, and I'm a FLAC fanatic

#411 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:38

I'm the other way around, as I get older (40) sound quality is becoming more important, it's so bad I rather watch a movie on my PC than the TV because for now my PC speakers are tons better than the builtin crappy speakers on our TV, and I'm a FLAC fanatic

Another lossless fanatic here too, all my music library is in either FLAC or APE, sometimes tta or tak, being a bit presumptuous I can tell the difference between a MP3 320 VBR file and a lossless one, but not from ogg or "mp4" (audio part)

#412 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:27

I most of mine in vbr v0 or v2 .mp3 for my phone and desktop gets higher bit rates, however most of my music is purchased downloads and most of those don't give you flac or I pay a little less for 320 or whatever.

#413 abysal

abysal

Neowin Addict

• Phone: BB9930/SGS5

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:00

Slight update:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#414 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:03

You got a nice camera how much did you pay for it?

#415 vetStephen

Stephen

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:29

Here is my home office at the moment, nice and simple:
<snip>

Is that a University Of Huddersfield graduate I see?

#416 Zimmyantz

Zimmyantz

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:35

@Stephen: It is indeed, got two courses from there and the misses who I met at Uni had one, all on display.

#417 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 04 September 2012 - 13:42

This is the reason why you get a home theater (surround sound)...I love my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 for my desktop, but there's just nothing like a LED TV + Blu-ray + 5.1 surround sound...For that reason, I generally dont watch anything on my desktop. I'll just stream my files from my desktop to the TV.

#418 spikey_richie

spikey_richie

XXXIII

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 08 September 2012 - 19:44

Are any of the images on here stolen from this thread?

#419 TTGSteve

TTGSteve

Neowinian

Posted 08 September 2012 - 23:52

You guys have some wicked set ups! I'm seriously going to have to post one of mine as soon as I get finished moving. Also, that LED ambient lighting is awesome, as well.

#420 Brandon C.

Brandon C.

[REDACTED]

Posted 18 September 2012 - 23:50

I moved into a new apartment about a month ago and now I finally got my office set back up.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My wife's iMac.
Posted Image