Has anyone tried Driver Pack Solution 2011

Question

20 answers to this question

looks fishy but never used it...buyer beware?

It's well known I used the 2008 version and it found drivers my driver software could not.

It's usually a 2.5xx GB download.

It's usually found on not such kosher websites and you then goto rapidshare, mega upload, hotfile etc to download.

It's well known I used the 2008 version and it found drivers my driver software could not.

It's usually a 2.5xx GB download.

It's usually found on not such kosher websites and you then goto rapidshare, mega upload, hotfile etc to download.

Funny, I use this and have had no problems, also what are these 'Not so kosher websites?' they have there own site, and can Download via bittorrent.

Funny, I use this and have had no problems, also what are these 'Not so kosher websites?' they have there own site, and can Download via bittorrent.

I think you mean 'their'.

These are sites that like to use comments like appz and 0day etc.

We use this at my work. It's ok, it does the job, but if you're not careful it will install loads of crapware like mail.ru etc...

Why would anyone in a million years download such a thing? 2.9GB!! That is asinine, and sorry even at that size its not possible to have "all the drivers" Nor would they be current, clearly they are dated at best from the date of the creation of said source, Aug 2011 in this case.

And you got love this nonsense - they link to some exe saying its virus free, but that is not what you are downloading. Look at name and MD5

post-14624-0-51960600-1326836173_thumb.j

I wouldn't touch this stuff with your "pole" if you know what I mean ;)

There are 2 places you should get your drivers from, either the maker of your machines website, or the maker of the "part" that is in your machines website. You are asking for issues going anywhere else!

• Like 2

Why would anyone in a million years download such a thing? 2.9GB!! That is asinine, and sorry even at that size its not possible to have "all the drivers" Nor would they be current, clearly they are dated at best from the date of the creation of said source, Aug 2011 in this case.

And you got love this nonsense - they link to some exe saying its virus free, but that is not what you are downloading. Look at name and MD5

post-14624-0-51960600-1326836173_thumb.j

I wouldn't touch this stuff with your "pole" if you know what I mean ;)

There are 2 places you should get your drivers from, either the maker of your machines website, or the maker of the "part" that is in your machines website. You are asking for issues going anywhere else!

Sorry buy I downloaded the exe file directly in my spare laptop and checked for virus and MD5 it shows that it's clean and MD5 matches too. I don't know exactly what it is but shouldn't the torrent file and the actual file would have different MD5.

Again I don?t know exactly how the whole md5 works, so it?s just a guess.

post-30626-0-51781600-1326842344_thumb.j

I dunno about this one, but I used a similar product..

http://www.driver-soft.com/product.html

It's not the only one of its kind and yes they DO WORK and they're not spyware. Dunno what's the drama here aside from being a noob that learned about the existance of such software. Again, I do not guarantee the legitimacy of this russian product, but the type of program is nothing new or "warez-like" pack you see on torrents.

"Sorry buy I downloaded the exe file directly in my spare laptop"

My point is not that yeah 2 different files would have 2 different md5.. My point is the they are being deceptive.. You have a download link, right next to that it has link to "trust this" see this other company says its clean!!

But they are not the same file -- your NOT downloading the file they say is clean.

I am not saying its infected, but RU normally out to make money!! So prob some crap involved in there somewhere.. Again you touch this, your own freaking problem -- I just in a million years could not see why anyone would. Grab your drivers/patches from the official sources - your just asking for trouble to get them from anywhere else - PERIOD!!

Simply put drivers should never be updated to begin with unless absolutely needed on an individual basis such as video cards, more likely then none they'll cause more bugs. That program is a russian based development, they're commonly known for malware. I never had problems with Russians code development, been using a PC long enough not to receive a vrius.

Running a memory test for boot, I boot at 350-430MB memory depending on what I load up. So will see if updating drivers improves performance in that regard at all. Otherwise restore point here I come :D

Not reccomended a t'all, restored my registry to default and removed theme. Increased boot by over 100MB. Stick by what I said never update drivers unless absolutely needed or do so on a VM and do a comparative analysis based on performance over function. Bios is the only thing worth updating.

UPDATE: Restore point was invalid, last restore point was two days ago. Lost everything again, I formatted my machine by mistake three days ago. Finally had everything running in the right direction now it's back to factory. At least 16 hours of work lost, if you do use this program create your own restore point first.

Maker of the machine or mb is not the way to go either. They don't update their drivers page after the machine/mb is discontinued.

My Asus mb drivers page is so outdated it's not even funny.

Sadly you need to know what part is inside your pc and need to get directly to the chipset manufacturer to get the latest drivers. nVidia, AMD, Intel, etc ...

Alot of people who make their own specialized windows install discs will deal with these huge driver db downloads.  At least thats where I have seen this stuff before.

I dont know why someone wouldn't use the manufacturer's website to get a driver.  If they have some old, obscure piece of hardware and cant find a driver from the normal methods, I would tell that person to get better hardware.

Maybe people in other countries who only have access to crappy generic hardware have to deal with these 3rd party driver packs ?  I wont touch them.

Maker of the machine or mb is not the way to go either. They don't update their drivers page after the machine/mb is discontinued.

My Asus mb drivers page is so outdated it's not even funny.

Sadly you need to know what part is inside your pc and need to get directly to the chipset manufacturer to get the latest drivers. nVidia, AMD, Intel, etc ...

Maker of the part IS the way to go - if you have something so old that the manufacturer isnt supporting through their legacy stuff - and you still need a driver for it - I think its time to get a new part.

How old is this ASUS mobo that its not on their list ?  Mine is for socket 1366 - its pretty old in my opinion - and still on their db.

As far as chipset stuff - you're right - if the manufacturer doesnt have it, go to the real source (which is still the manufacturer) - intel/amd

Maker of the part IS the way to go - if you have something so old that the manufacturer isnt supporting through their legacy stuff - and you still need a driver for it - I think its time to get a new part.

How old is this ASUS mobo that its not on their list ?  Mine is for socket 1366 - its pretty old in my opinion - and still on their db.

As far as chipset stuff - you're right - if the manufacturer doesnt have it, go to the real source (which is still the manufacturer) - intel/amd

Five years old last fall. Why would i replace it? It's still able to run ALL new games with high settings and MSAA 4x in most of the case (it looks better than xbox one and ps4 which is sad to be honest). New consoles are so weak this mobo might even last me another 2 years. I'll see when Witcher 3 is released.

The mobo is still on the list. But the drivers on the dowload page are outdated. It's not the latest drivers from Intel, Jmicron, Realtek, VIA and such. When you know the chipset and controllers on the mb you can get the latest drivers directly from the chipset and controller makers.