virtualization gpu motherboard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SirEvan

SirEvan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC One (AT&T)

Posted 20 January 2012 - 23:45

Just got the parts to upgrade my Q6600 system to a i5-2500k rig, using a Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard. One of the features on the board is some LucidLogix Virtu GPU Virtualization thing, where aparently it can switch between the onboard for mundane tasks, and my 560+ for more demanding stuff. I've read through the manuals, as well as an article on it from anandtech, and I can't figure out which card to connect my TV to (using my TV as a display). I use HDMI, and both my standalone card and the motherboard have HDMI.

So I ask you this rather silly question, which one do I use? My guess is the motherboards connector.

Thanks.

#2 Laslow

Laslow

Posted 21 January 2012 - 00:03

Well you'll certainly notice if you've got it wrong when you try and load up a DX11 game. If you can't find it in the manual, a few minutes of trial and error are in order.

#3 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 January 2012 - 00:25

Well you'll certainly notice if you've got it wrong when you try and load up a DX11 game. If you can't find it in the manual, a few minutes of trial and error are in order.

If

If the motherboard supports HDMI, use that (since that is also the default input for TVs and other non-PC video devices).

Fortunately, I have a display with three different input options (D-sub, DVI-D, and HDMI), so I'll be able to connect DVI-D to my discrete GPU, and the HDMI input to the onboard HDMI connection (ASUS P8Z68V-LX) when booting up Hiren's once the assemblage is done.

#4 teknix360

teknix360

Neowinian

• Phone: Galaxy Nexus, Moto G

Posted 21 January 2012 - 00:41

I have an Asus Z68 board and my manual says to connect your display to the video card in order to run in "d-Mode" which is recommended for gaming performance. You have to install the LucidLogix Virtu software and set the Initial Graphic Adaptor to PCIE or PCI (instead of iGPU) in BIOS. I assume it's the same for all manufacturers.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!