Odd horizontal lines in Ubuntu but not in Windows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 htcz

htcz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:22

Hello

I have a stange bug that horizontal lines appear in Ubuntu (and Lubuntu) but not in Windows. They are like "tearing" and more of a graphics card problem than a graphic glitch as I can pass my mouse over them and the cursor still appears.

Whats wrong? I have a Quatrro graphics card on the notebook..

Thanks

#2 Xahid

Xahid

Anokha Neowinian

• Phone: HTC One S

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:33

its Not graphic card problem, more like incompatible graphic card driver, try downloading 3rd party graphic driver & check ?

#3 OP htcz

htcz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:09

its Not graphic card problem, more like incompatible graphic card driver, try downloading 3rd party graphic driver & check ?

How? I cant almost click anything....

#4 fsX

fsX

Neowinian

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:16

How? I cant almost click anything....

Safe mode?

#5 xSuRgEx

xSuRgEx

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:16

are you able to take a picture of the scree while its displaying these lines, ive seen some what would appear to be the same thing

when trying to run Ubuntu on an all in one system. the problem turned out to be the timings for the monitor. ended up forcing

Ubuntu to use the screen but resolution was fixed and the display was not recognized by the OS.

#6 vhm14u2c

vhm14u2c

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:45

are you able to take a picture of the scree while its displaying these lines, ive seen some what would appear to be the same thing

when trying to run Ubuntu on an all in one system. the problem turned out to be the timings for the monitor. ended up forcing

Ubuntu to use the screen but resolution was fixed and the display was not recognized by the OS.

I think I may have the same issue during a clean ylmf install on a ibm i1300 (installing all updates to see if it fixes this):

Posted Image

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!