Hungry Giraffe Eats Its Way Onto PSN (Free for PS+ users)

Hi everyone. I?m here to talk to you about our latest PlayStation minis game, Hungry Giraffe, which will be released tomorrow, exclusively and FREE for PlayStation Plus users. Hungry Giraffe will then go on general release on the 15th of February for just ?2.49/?3.49.

Hungry Giraffe is our first foray into the endless climbing genre and is based on the experiences* of one particular giraffe who ? bored of the foliage of the acacia tree ? decided to stretch out his neck to reach the burgers floating in the sky. Using the calories from the burgers to make his neck even longer, he moved from burger to french fries, taco to sandwich, on a desperate quest to stuff his face.

Of course our giraffe friend had to be wary of several hazards floating in the sky. After all, an anvil to the head seldom does anyone any good and as for poison, well, would you want clean up when a 1200 kg giraffe loses its lunch? Unprescribed drugs are also best avoided, as human medicine tends to have strange hallucinogenic properties when taken by giraffes.

6789367213_653a048e6e_m.jpg6789367089_6a1f193954_m.jpg

Of course this is a game and not a documentary, so we?ve added a few special touches to this real life story**. Hungry Giraffe features some touches of our own, such as stat tracking and achievements. Even more amazingly, the technical wizards (hello Paul!) here at Laughing Jackal have come up with a clever system allowing the PS3 version of the game to run at a higher resolution than the PSP allows, so those of you who like to play your games on a nice big shiny screen are in for a visual treat!

Join us!

You can find out more about Laughing Jackal, or subscribe to our weekly Blog?s RSS feed at our website: www.laughingjackal.co.uk

You can also find us under @LaughingJackal on Twitter, under Laughing Jackal Ltd. on Facebook, under Laughing Jackal on Google + and watch cool vids on our LaughingJackalGames Youtube Channel.

*These experiences may not have occurred.

** This really, really didn?t happen.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/01/31/hungry-giraffe-eats-its-way-onto-psn/

Looks kind of cool. Never turn down a freebie.

Looks like a quick fix time killer, which should go perfect on the Vita. Now that I have the Vita on the way, I have to start keeping track of these Minis and games for the PSP. Gonna grab it for sure (as long as it is also for the US).

Up until the "PSN" in the title, I was actually interested in this news peice :(

Thought it's going to be interesting, reading about some crazy girrafe.

This is all I can do on such short notice:

Mj76X.jpg

It says "for PSP only" on the PSN Store - at least it did for me yesterday. Has anyone downloaded this for PS3 and got it working?

It says "for PSP only" on the PSN Store - at least it did for me yesterday. Has anyone downloaded this for PS3 and got it working?

Should do as they claim that it should be a higher resolution on the PS3 than the PSP

Hungry Giraffe features some touches of our own, such as stat tracking and achievements. Even more amazingly, the technical wizards (hello Paul!) here at Laughing Jackal have come up with a clever system allowing the PS3 version of the game to run at a higher resolution than the PSP allows, so those of you who like to play your games on a nice big shiny screen are in for a visual treat!

Tried to download it last night but the PSN Store was down for maintenance. Have to remember to grab it tonight. My wife's favorite animal is a giraffe, so she will almost definitely love it no matter what. :laugh:

Hmm, this must have been a UK/Europe thing, as I finally just checked, and it is literally nowhere to be found on the US Playstation Store. Nowhere. Oh well, was looking forward to it. That sucks.

Same here!

Haha nice. (Y) It must be a women thing, as I never shared this fact with my wife, but my girlfriend of 2 years in college, yep, also loved Giraffes. :laugh:

Do not get me wrong, I think they are awesome animals as well, but women seem to take it somewhere else entirely.

Yeah maybe it is more of a girl thing, though giraffes are great animals in their own right. Not as good as a lion, but still great.

My wife got to feed the giraffes at San Diego zoo, she absolutely loved it!

post-124450-0-84104700-1328520691.jpg

This game would make more sense on a mobile platform like Android than PSN, but good to see arcade games making their way to consoles as well. Either way, looks like a good time waster.

This game would make more sense on a mobile platform like Android than PSN, but good to see arcade games making their way to consoles as well. Either way, looks like a good time waster.

Being a mini, you could put it on your PSP or Vita, I suppose.

Hmm, this must have been a UK/Europe thing, as I finally just checked, and it is literally nowhere to be found on the US Playstation Store. Nowhere. Oh well, was looking forward to it. That sucks.

I just started downloading it now, and it looks like it came on the Feb. 7th update to the PSN. Will give the game a go a little later tonight then, and see what it's all about.

The whole point behind the Minis is that they're more mobile oriented games. They're primarily meant for your PSP, Vita, and I think maybe even some of the Playstation branded phones play them?

I just started downloading it now, and it looks like it came on the Feb. 7th update to the PSN. Will give the game a go a little later tonight then, and see what it's all about.

Yep thanks. (Y) I grabbed it last night as I saw it was actually released.

Did not check it out, just going to wait to check it out on the Vita, as it seems to be a game more for it.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I've yet to try it out on my Vita as I was told there was an issue copying over the Minis for PS+ users. Since hearing that I haven't even tried them yet though I probably won't even bother until I start running out of games to play on my Vita.

Has anyone gotten this to work on the Vita?

Nope, when I check it out on the Vita it says it is not compatible with this device or whatever the wording is for it. I am not sure if that is a mistake or it just is not supposed to work on the Vita. This was last week though when the Vita was released so perhaps they have updated it, I have not tried recently and I am at work right now or else I would try.

This is complete BS. I mean, how hard can it be to make a few minis we got from PS+ work on a Vita? Considering the Vita has been out for months already. They had plenty of time to figure this out before releasing it here in the west.

Seems really strange to me.