Onyx for Firefox

Instead of making something you'd expect from us we decided we'd create the something different...a dark theme. It seems most people prefer dark over light themes anyway, so I hope we did it justice!

i10.png

I also just wanted to take a moment to thank all of our loyal fans. You're the reason we do this, and to still see an overwhelming interest in our themes to this day is really something special. News regarding some of our flagship themes is coming soon.

• Like 2

hmm. looks easy on my eyes. the aeroframe could be tinged with black as well. that would probably seal the deal in my opinion

That's great to hear. One of the biggest complaints I've heard about light themes is that they're hard on the eyes.

The Aero frame color is entirely up to the user. If you'd like to make it darker be my guest! :)

That is a very nice looking theme, currently using Chrome but I always find myself switching between the two so when I move back to Firefox I'll definitely be using this :)

Thanks guys!

Looks great, really nice dark theme, any reason the Firefox button is not present?

We tried to create a custom version of the Firefox button but felt it didn't do the theme justice, so we opted for a simple cog instead.

Thanks guys!

@Chasethebase

We tried to create a custom version of the Firefox button but felt it didn't do the theme justice, so we opted for a simple cog instead.

Ahhhh! That's a brilliant idea. (Y)

hmm. looks easy on my eyes. the aeroframe could be tinged with black as well. that would probably seal the deal in my opinion

same! This has a feel like my Chrome theme I'm using rite now... ^_^

same! This has a feel like my Chrome theme I'm using rite now... ^_^

Thank you! If the theme is easy on the eyes then that must mean we did something right!

yep darker themes are much easier on the eyes. You'rs is a nice example so far ;-)

You're doing something wrong if you're constantly looking at the toolbar of a browser. :p

Haha! :laugh:

nahhh I don't LOL..... ^_^

Darker UIs have the dim the lights effect ....

I agree. I've never really used a dark theme before but I do think it has it's benefits.

Sorry, but I don't like it. The black looks gaudy and amateurish, and totally ruins the glass experience.

No reason to be sorry, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

I'm not a huge fan of dark themes, but IMO it looks nice!

I'm happy to hear that! I was never a fan of dark themes either, but I do like this one quite a bit.

I know you said news about your flagship themes is coming soon, and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but are you still working on your 'Minimal' and 'Metro 2.0' concept themes? The Metro theme in particular could be ideal for the imminent release of the Windows 8 Consumer Preview and eventually Windows 8 as it matches the Metro style so closely.