9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Guys,

I've got a Mac Mini 2011 Server sitting here, lovely bit of kit, Core i7, 8GB DDR3, 2 x 500GB Drives.

So I boot into the Internet Recovery software (CMD+R I think) and run Disk Utility and setup the RAID0 and install as normal, but when the Mac Mini reboot's it cannot find the RAID array.

Any ideas on setting this up correctly?

And yes, I know RAID0 is a bad idea for a Production Server, thats why it'll be 'Carbon Copy Cloning' to my Enterprise SAN every few hours.

Thanks

Chris

Posted

Did you check this thread yet; https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3197548?start=0&tstart=0

Posted

I did, and I followed it, and I ended up with an Unbootable OS :p

Posted

Right, so - does it actually boot to the kernel and spew out disk not found or Waiting for root partition.. or does it simply not do anything?

Posted

Just sits on a grey screen and does nothing. No Kernel, no Disk IO. Holding down Option shows no disks either.

Posted

Just a heads up, it worked the fifth time without issue. No reasoning behind it, it just worked! lol

Posted

good old osx :laugh:

Posted

I wonder if it has properly "blessed" the drive for booting or didn't properly set the flag for it. Oh well, strange are the ways of OS X >_>

Posted

Indeed, next time I'll run DBAN to zerofill the drives and remove the partition table before attempting this, will get rid of any 'outside' factors.